minoxidil wrinkles

nikko

Reaction score
Hejhej guys, how re you doing? So basically I jumped into BIG 3 a month and an half ago more or less,now almost 2, and I noticed that minoxidil is causing wrinkles (or at least i think). Is there a way I could avoid this annoying side effect?Or there s a way to fix this? Thanks

nikko

Reaction score
Liquid. I am pretty careful when applying it but I got wrinkles and raccoon eyes...maybe I should use some moisturizer, no clue.
I ve no idea if I could switch or not cause it is a galenic one and it is way cheaper than the branded one. Or maybe i just use too much ...

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had wrinkles/dark eyes/puffy face from minoxidil and found no way to avoid it. I tried reducing the dose, I tried changing to the foam, I tried only applying it in mornings so it didn't get on my pillow at night, I tried taking diuretics, drinking lots of water, exercise, skin cream every day, I even tried an alternative called nanoxidil, but alas nothing ended up working.

You can try and reduce the dose but some people just unfortunately get these side effects. And from my experience, the dark circles and puffy face mostly go away but the wrinkles don't. I used minoxidil on/off for about 3 years.

ThatBaldingTeenager

Reaction score
I never had laughlines before minoxidil, after 2 months i had them and they were very noticeable. I stopped the treatment and they are gone.

I was using Kirkland Minoxidil extra strong maybe it was just the brand or something.

rcom440

Reaction score
It's not brand thing. liquid minoxidil is liquid minoxidil no matter what. It can decrease production of collagen therefore it can cause wrinkles in some case.

Mike yionou

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had wrinkles/dark eyes/puffy face from minoxidil and found no way to avoid it. I tried reducing the dose, I tried changing to the foam, I tried only applying it in mornings so it didn't get on my pillow at night, I tried taking diuretics, drinking lots of water, exercise, skin cream every day, I even tried an alternative called nanoxidil, but alas nothing ended up working.

You can try and reduce the dose but some people just unfortunately get these side effects. And from my experience, the dark circles and puffy face mostly go away but the wrinkles don't. I used minoxidil on/off for about 3 years.

Hello. I have been using Mionoxidil on my hair for almost 1.5 years now with no side effects . But since i started using it on my beard 2 months ago my face got puffy'bloated' and i have dark circles around my eyes . If i stop using Mionoxidil will these side effects go or are they permanent .If yes how long will my face take to recover ?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have only one question for you: did you read about minoxidil giving wrinkles before you thought you had wrinkles?

This is what I wonder

I think most everyone past their early 20's has slight forehead lines and very light traces of the beginnings of crows feet if their features are closely examined. I am wondering if people experiencing minoxidil wrinkles are simply starting to examine their faces more closely once they read about these possible effects

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. I have been using Mionoxidil on my hair for almost 1.5 years now with no side effects . But since i started using it on my beard 2 months ago my face got puffy'bloated' and i have dark circles around my eyes . If i stop using Mionoxidil will these side effects go or are they permanent .If yes how long will my face take to recover ?

I really don't know, my subjective opinion is that my dark circles went away but my face never recovered 100%. You could try a collagen cream, I now use one that supposedly ups collagen production by 92% (which minoxidil inhibits)

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
is 25 a normal age to have under eye wrinkles ?

I've had very light crows feet since my mid 20's at least. Probably sooner but I hadn't been looking for them before then. I had never touched minoxidil at this time

I noticed one of the hottest girls I know in her early 20's also has them. skin aging is normal at that point. You just have to study, and be looking for them to notice them