minoxidil shampoo

theApostle

Reaction score
hi there. ive been using minoxidil for almost 5 months now. here in the philippines the minoxidil we have comes with its own shampoo in the box which ive been using since i started with the treatment. lately, ive noticed that my hair has grown a little coarser and rough. i was wondering if the shampoo that comes with the minoxidil is causing this. can you guys help me out? should i stop using it and use another?

Goingat20

Reaction score
i doubt its the shampoo. Try get your hands on Nizoral shampoo, you can use it with the shampp you are using now. Use Nizoral 3-4 times a week. Goodluck

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your complaining about rougher and courser hair???
would you rather thinner and weaker?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
can you read the content of the shampoo?
does it contain minoxidil?

grabber

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that the Nizoral should be used not more than 1 time per week. 2-3 times for the first Month, and then 1 time per week. If your hair or scalp is too dry, this is not better. IMO

Have a nice day.

theApostle

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. i have another question hope you guys dont mine. how often do you shampoo when using minoxidil?

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
grabber said:
I think that the Nizoral should be used not more than 1 time per week. 2-3 times for the first Month, and then 1 time per week. If your hair or scalp is too dry, this is not better. IMO

Have a nice day.

That is its recommended frequency for getting rid of dandruff but for hairloss you are likely to get better results using it more often.