Minoxidil Question

Reaction score
I started minoxidil in November 2003. I will be going on 22 months later in September.

While I have read in the past that two applications a day of Minoxidil are unnecessary (and just a ruse by the drug company to get you to use more), I have always faithfully done it. Alas, I haven't really regrown any hair in quite awhile and have stabilized. I use dermmatch everyday to look as presentable as I can and I don't want to have to shower it out every night, nor do I want to apply minoxidil over the dermmatch.

Simply put, after 22 months of use, do I have to use minoxidil twice a day or is one morning application sufficient? I just want to retain what I have for now and I would think that I could go to once a day at this point in my treatment and still remain there.

Any thoughts or advice would be welcomed.

-MW.

Goingat20

Reaction score
I have read that Dr Lee says 1 application is enough for maintenance...
Goodluck...

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
I've switched back and forth depending on my situation for the past 2 years. When living with my girlfriend it was difficult to put it on before bed and not have her notice. However, with my own room or when she didnt stay over I used it twice. I have not noticed any difference whatsoever but still use it twice a day

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Justlooking said:
I've switched back and forth depending on my situation for the past 2 years. When living with my girlfriend it was difficult to put it on before bed and not have her notice. However, with my own room or when she didnt stay over I used it twice. I have not noticed any difference whatsoever but still use it twice a day

If I were you I'd just tell her. Less hassle, more peace of mind. What's the worst that could happen? Put it this way - would you really want to go out with someone who would dump you because you use minoxidil?