minoxidil puffy face

random32

Reaction score
Green Tea!

apparently... i am drinking buckets of the stuff at the moment; ill let you know how it goes

Incidentally; along with minoxidil puffy-face has anyone got; no joke; minoxidil double chin?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
make sure your scalp is not damp when applying the minoxidil, sounds like overabsorbtion to me. Also, you might use less minoxidil per application.

bartolin

Reaction score
Another puffy face here due to minoxidil. My face also turned a bit yellow off the stuff so perhaps it was affecting my liver, who knows, I looked like yoda :freaked2: I was not in my imagination since everyone commented how bad I looked lately. Nothing helped (facial creams, ice water, good diet, suntan). It went away when I stopped it.

but those days are gone, I am now happily on proscar :wink:

brevardo

Reaction score
Puffy face and double chin

Random 32- Do you really think that it is Minoxidil that causes the double chin? You have my curiousity as I stopped drinking milk about 4 mos ago thinking that was the reason for my double chin but now I'm really thinking that it probably is the minoxidil? What do you know about it? Also I do get a puffy face as well. Do you think Green Tea could help? Let me know? Thanks a bunch! Brevardo

random32

Reaction score
heya,

I can only guess; but I do think that minoxidil in some way affects my chin; it is the only part of my body with 'fat' and no matter what diet I try;exercise i do, it stays like it. As for green tea; I have only been drinkin it for a couple of weeks fo far, but I will let you people know if it has any noticeable effect!

momo

Established Member
Reaction score
This is not fat, it is water.
minoxidil can cause water retention, which is not healthy to one's heart.

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
IS THERE ANYTHING TO DO ABOUT WATER RETENTION? OR A BUSTED FACE? A BROKEN HEART? jUST KIDDING ABOUT THE LAST TWO....UMM BUT IS THERE ANYTHING TO DO ABOUT WATER RETENTION

momo

Established Member
Reaction score
One can take a diuretics. Lotinen (minoxidil tablets) is usually given to patients with a diuretic to redue the water retention which can be dangerous if not treated.

gand

Established Member
Reaction score
momo said:
This is not fat, it is water.
minoxidil can cause water retention, which is not healthy to one's heart.

but, can it so small amount of minoxidil applyed on the scalp cause puffy face??
because, in the las few months, many of my friends sais that i'm 'bigger' in my face...

minoxidil or... :roll:

momo

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's possible. I think I have it too, in the double chin, though not sure.
If you alo gained weight, it means there is water in other parts of your body.

gand

Established Member
Reaction score
so, should I use less minoxidil or abort using it?

I don't think my hair is so importanat as my healt!

momo

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm in a similar situation. I was having heart racing 2 days ago. I'm stopping for a week, then get back with very small dosages and see what happens. I had tremendous results with minoxidil over the past 8 months, I'd be upset if I had to leave it. I think the fact that I respond so well to it may have to do with my body responding so well, so I have to use lower dosages than the average individual.

gand

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm using it only on my temples... so I apply 2x a day 1ml dosage... I'll try use it less so, wish me good luck :)

thanx for info :)

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
markelbentley said:
also, do i have to be prscribed a diueretic?

I had a puffy face combined with itching from a combining of topicals,
after i tried Apple Cider Vinegar with Cayennepepper on my head it dissapeared completely...

It stinks but works!