minoxidil once daily

jammgym

Reaction score
Hey all.
I'm using the big three.....well i will be once i finally take the plunge and start using minoxidil. trouble is i tried it on my hair and it makes my hairline look awful. in the morning once ive showered, if i blow dry my hair it looks fine, but adding minoxidil after this seriously undoes any benefits that blowdrying does to it. as its not possible to use minoxidil before i blow dry as it advises not to, my options are to have horrible hair days all the time and use minoxidil or use it once daily (at night). but of course i would like to use it as it is suggested. if i do use it twice a day does it absolutely have to be 12 hours apart or can i use it when i get home at five and then when i go to bed at 12...and then not use it again until 5 the next day?
if i use it once a day is it likely to make things worse and not better or will it just take longer for the benefits to arrive...if they ever do!
thanks all.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
5 and 12 should be OK. that is 7 hours apart. So it is more than enough time for the first application to be absorbed which is about 4 hours.

Personally I find that my hair looks OK after the minoxidil dries and being on an academic schedule I can wait it out before going into the lab. Perhaps you may want to try the Xandrox quick drying stuff as well. Never used the stuff myself but it is supposed to do the trick.

jammgym

Reaction score
great, thanks for the reply...i think that is what i will do then especially as no one has disagreed with what you have said. one application at five, and then one application at 12 before i go to bed...i could not stand having the stuff in my hair when i go to work! makes it look awful for me.
cheers.