Minoxidil once a day

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I used Rogaine twice a day for quite a while before using it just once a day and didn't see any change so once a day seems to work just as well for me. My hair has continued to fall out but I believe it has helped a bit.

I use a regular shampoo first then rinse before using Nizoral. This is probably the best way to do it as you will get a better lather with the second wash and won't get through your Nizoral so quickly by using it twice each wash. Just lather the nizoral and leave it for 3 to 5 minutes before rinsing.

anayak76

Reaction score
I was thinking of the same

I plan to purchase minoxidil, and was thinking only once per night as well.
Or 2x when I can, but consistent with the nightly application.

Not sure if this will lower the effect. Some treatments, like Proxiphen, I believe can be applied once per night (and still be effective), at least according to Dr. Proctor.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
I started out with once a day as well because I didnt like the greasy look in the morning, then I added Dr. Lee's minoxidil for morning apps, dries in under five minutes. I became paranoid about the once a day application that it wasnt doing anything.

Petchsky

Reaction score
For maximum results use twice a day or at least use 2x consistently for a year then switch to once for maintenence.

The best way to find the right answer for you is to try it. Failing that using the Dr Lee's quick drying minoxidil in the morning like jblig suggested is a great idea, which i think i'll do myself now i have a job with an early starting time. :D

Peace, war, love, and hate.

michael barry

Reaction score
Dr. Marty Sawaya said in an interview on HairLossTalk.com that once a day application of minoxidil might be as efficous as twice a day.

It was FDA tested on two applications a day, thus they have to recommend it that way because they didnt test just a once a day application. Not wanting to test further, but patent their product, Upjohn went with the twice a day application.

Needs to stay on 4 hours or so. Its a potassium channel opener and upregulates VEGF growth factors which make your microcapillaries grow larger and deliever more blood to the follicle. It also has been shown to fight collagen formation and is a topical diuretic which helps it drain the lympatic system of toxins and protiens around the philosebaceous unit.

Its dose dependent so in about 4-5 years, you'll have to up the potency. Try 2% first, a few years later 5%, then maybe 6% and so on. Ten years from now, we should have somethin' better than the big three anyway.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ten years from now, we should have somethin' better than the big three anyway.

3725B5F0-BB69-4091-B778-1391CF86CF9E.gif

Where we are all still bald as hell!