minoxidil: how to dry? safe when dry?

tuesdaynight

Reaction score
Hello,

Just started using kirkland 5% minoxidil. I've tried to find a answer/routine for this, but I haven't found any solutions. Two main questions:

1) I have dark blond, thin hair. When I apply the solution, it takes a long time to dry (2+) hours. Whiles it's drying it looks very greasy. I want to apply the solution before going to work, but I don't want to look like I don't shower. I've read that blow-drying isn't recommended. Is there any way to make it dry quicker?

2) I will let the solution dry before going to bed, but can even dry minoxidil get onto my pillow and then rub off onto skin and cause growth? Or, similarly, if I rub my hands through my dried hair, will the minoxidil rub off and get onto whatever I touch? Is minoxidil ineffective once dry?

Having to avoid any contact with my head for 8hrs a day seems... prohibitive.

TEDDYRUXPIN

Established Member
Reaction score
Erm. You may be applying too much in one go. Seriously, as the minixodil is made in alcohol, it should dry quickly.

How much do you apply? Are you applying the stupid recommended 5ml as written on the instructions. i.e. this is only a guide.

Rule of thumb, you only need enough of the solution to absorb into the skin.

tuesdaynight

Reaction score
TEDDYRUXPIN said:
Erm. You may be applying too much in one go. Seriously, as the minixodil is made in alcohol, it should dry quickly.

How much do you apply? Are you applying the stupid recommended 5ml as written on the instructions. i.e. this is only a guide.

Rule of thumb, you only need enough of the solution to absorb into the skin.

I'm applying one "dropper" full (so 1ml). My bald spot is 2-3 inches across, but there is still quite a bit of hair left, so am I maybe using too much?

The 5% is also made in propylene glycol as well as alcohol.

tuesdaynight

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Off the shelf minoxidil takes forever to dry. You can't dry it faster.

Sigh :/

Any suggestions then? edit: after reading some more, I'm just going to shop around for a "morning" supply. Something Like Dr.Lee or Nanominox that is supposed to dry much faster.

Also, does anyone know the answer to my "dry" question?

Thank for the replies