minoxidil headaches

splint

Reaction score
hey all,

I have been on finasteride for a year and decied to add minoxidil into my regimen. Anyhows like an eager sod I went and ordered 12 months of minoxidil which arrived 2day, the problem is I am getting headaches when I apply the min to my vertex, more like tension headache than thumping. It dosent last too long after application prehaps 30 mins or so. I dont see headaches listed as a side effect, I dontthink it warrants stopping the use of min but it is a bit annoying especially in the morning b4 going work, headache is last thing I need! I am hoping I will get used to it and they will go way in time.

Anyone had similar experience or have any comments on this? Also how long before I can apply dermMatch to my hair? Again I dont hav too long in the morning to be waiting for the min to dry before applying dermMatch waiting for that to dry (seeing as I cant use a hair dryer incase it evaoprates the min) b4 styling :/

I might just apply the min once a day at night as I can see it being a real pain in the mornings, how would this effect regrowth? would it simply take longer for regrowth to occur; 2 months once a day would be the same as 1 moth twice a day?

splint

Reaction score
*bump*

nobody got any comments? More so about applying it once a day rather than twice.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Headaches have been reported by some members.

The once a day applications can be seen more as a maintenance tool rather than grow.
Not many people may reply as its been covered so many times before, try searchng.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I haven't heard that as a side effect. I suspect that nobody has bitten on your message because they have not experienced that particular side effect.

Perhaps it will get better with time, as your body adjusts to the regular applications?

Goingat20

Reaction score
hey splint
Dr Lee has a quick drying minoxidil, which takes 5 mins to dry if that. He also states that one application = maintenance, 2 applications= regrowth. So if u really want the results you should do your best to apply it twice

splint

Reaction score
Thx for replies, yeh maybe next year for dr lee's quick drying min, orderd 12 months of kirkland lol. Headaches are bit better 2day, will see how 2x a day application goes but I can see it being annoying ,for some reason it takes ages for the min to be absorbed into the scalp; 1 hour l8r it is still on my scalp :(

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
splint said:
Thx for replies, yeh maybe next year for dr lee's quick drying min, orderd 12 months of kirkland lol. Headaches are bit better 2day, will see how 2x a day application goes but I can see it being annoying ,for some reason it takes ages for the min to be absorbed into the scalp; 1 hour l8r it is still on my scalp :(

First, use a heat bag to warm the scalp; after you apply the minoxidil, put on retin A cream, this will absorb into the skin. Brush in gently, heat bag again to dry excess, then apply emu oil to seal in and deal with inflammation. This works for me, my hair is recovering after 20 years, but finasteride and a lot of other treatments seems necessary. Good luck.
Boru