minoxidil for very front and center??

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have receded temples, but finasteride and nizoral is working great everywhere except the very front and center of the hairline, so far at 4 months anyway. Maybe I should jump on minoxb or possibly wait for a bit to see what happens. There is alot of vellus in between the thick healthy hairs in that area (not sure if it's new vellus, or dying healthy hair, or if it's gonna 're-activate') so im just not sure what to do. As I said my hair is kicking *** on the top, vertex, and temples, jsut that very front seems to still be slightly diffusing.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
if you are experiencing results like that at only 4 months of usage then I would wait to see what it looks like at 8 months then determine another point of attack from there to see if you need minoxidil. Thats my opinion.l

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
if you are experiencing results like that at only 4 months of usage then I would wait to see what it looks like at 8 months then determine another point of attack from there to see if you need minoxidil. Thats my opinion.l

yeah good point. Yeah man, im pretty amazed with everything so far and I defintley back finasteride! Looks better all around than it has in 5 years or so. Hair on top is almost twice as thick than right before I started (which was stablized for maybe one year from the slow-paced diffusion). Point Im trying to make is that my thickening didn't come after a 1 month 20% density loss like some folks claim, my hair had been at the same consistency for at least a full year.

I still have a lot of densley packed black hair stubble sitting a full two inches in front of the hailine that hasnt grown or anything in the past 2 months since I've noticed them. What's their purpose? It's lined up in a straight across hairline fashion, but I find it kind of hard to believe those would turn into real growing hairs. They're kind of enigmatic sitting there like that and I wonder what their point of existing is? Hell, I've always been at least a Norwood 2. They're teasing me!

ShedMaster

Reaction score
well hopefully the MSM in your regimen can turn those vellous hairs into terminal hairs that will be cosmetically noticable.