Minoxidil and chest pains?

LeonPhelps07

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone gets a weird feeling around there chest after they apply Minoxidil? It's almost like a chest pin of tightness.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you say Angina?

Sounds like you might be applying a bit too much for your own good.

If your using the recommended dosage then maybe back off it by a bit or just find another med.

Long term effects of angina lead to heart attack and other heart muscle mutations / failures.

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm are you applying when you scalp is damp? i.e after a shower/bath. If so your probably suffering from over absorption, make sure you scalp is completely dry. Other than that you maybe applying too much.

LeonPhelps07

Reaction score
I don't think I have been applying to much. But yes alot of the times I apply it after washing my face, so most of the time my hairline is wet.

lil weezy

Reaction score
i most definectly have had palpataions, tightness ect.. thats why i abandoned it

gand

Established Member
Reaction score
unfortunatelly yes...
First time I put minoxidil on my scalp, next morning and all day, and the next day, my heart was killing me... I put 0,5 ml and it was enough to kill me :roll:

I can't do anything now, I can't use minoxidil, i don't want propercia because of the side effects... :roll:

gand

Established Member
Reaction score
so, today is one week since i've applied minoxidil on my scalp and my heart was killing me...

today, my heart is OK :D

my question is, can I try it once again?? what do you think?

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
gand said:
so, today is one week since i've applied minoxidil on my scalp and my heart was killing me...

i will say try again. make sure your hair is dry. use it for another few days and see if it really cause by minoxidil. if you experience any chest pain, stop using it.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
LeonPhelps07 said:
I don't think I have been applying to much. But yes alot of the times I apply it after washing my face, so most of the time my hairline is wet.

then maybe you want to try applying it to dry scalp. wet scalp will increase the amount of minoxidil abosrbed into your skin that why it might be a better way for those with no side effect to apply on wet scalp.

try for a few more day. but make sure your scalp is dry. good luck.

nugget

Reaction score
i used rogaine for 3 weeks and had to discontinue. it's sad to me because it appeared to be already working. i used it only at my temples and began to notice peach fuzz after the second week (my hair grows really fast). but about that same time i noticed my heart would occasionally palpitate after i applied it. this was very freaky as my heart had never experienced anything like that before. i was (and still am) a very healthy male who used to run loads. my theory is that i had the side effects due to my healthy low blood pressure.

the only thing that i strongly disagree with doctors and merc is the rarity of the side effects. i mean, get real! you don't have to go far to read about or talk to many people who suffored the same side effects that i did.... one asian man even died recently from minoxidil.

i'd much rather recieding temples, than f*** up my heart.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Private Ryan said:
gand said:

i will say try again. make sure your hair is dry. use it for another few days and see if it really cause by minoxidil. if you experience any chest pain, stop using it.

another option would be to try to the 2% variety instead of the 5%.