Microneedling Photo Results Summary

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!

I am a Norwood 6 just starting microneedling and minoxidil. Being so bald that I am I don't think it will do mutch for me but I figured that it won't hurt trying.

It hurts like hell when I try to go 1,5 mm so I usually go down to 1,0 mm. The scalp bleeds during microneedling and after a couple of days I peel like crazy.

I have two questions:

1. Do you think 1,0 mm is enough?
2. Is it normal to peel so mutch? Does it get better after a couple of times?
I apply a combo of lidocaine and tetracaine to the scalp before microneedling. No pain whatsoever.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is an interesting microneedling device called hydraneedle. It works…

Attachments

• 996B3267-858C-40C6-B091-055CB704EB80.jpeg
    996B3267-858C-40C6-B091-055CB704EB80.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 359

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As you press needles into skin serum in bottle under needles releases at same time. It doesn’t clog or leak..You can easily pinpoint area to be treated. And can tinker with serum adding ingredients

DiffuseSucks

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you press needles into skin serum in bottle under needles releases at same time. It doesn’t clog or leak..You can easily pinpoint area to be treated. And can tinker with serum adding ingredients
Have you been using this? Looks pretty useful, why aren't people talking about this in the hair loss communities. Perfect for those who apply topicals right after microneedling. Going to give this a try and it's pretty cheap as well

Discipline hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
My question, do th ehairs obtained by microneedling and minoxidil fall again, if you taper down or discontinue the treatment ?

Discipline hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
So.. is there anything that can be done to retain these new hair obtained by microneedling, suppose one develops sides or tolerance to the medication ?

Also, are people getting Terminal Hair from microneedling plus minoxidil, which can grow long ?

Last edited:

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the general consensus about when to use minoxidil after microneedling?

I've read conflicting views, some doctors say they have no issue with minoxidil straight after rolling others saying leave it 24 hours.

Intrigued77777777

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the general consensus about when to use minoxidil after microneedling?

I've read conflicting views, some doctors say they have no issue with minoxidil straight after rolling others saying leave it 24 hours.
I'd like to know this too. Some people say minoxidil affects the collagen production, some say it compliments it

(I don't care about stinging pain or minoxidil going systematic- i don't get sides)

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're microneedling for topical absorption, apply the minoxidil straight after. If you wait 24 hours, those holes will be closed.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're microneedling for topical absorption, apply the minoxidil straight after. If you wait 24 hours, those holes will be closed.
Thats what I thought, I didnt understand why people say wait for 24 hours, I thought that defeats theobject.

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling enhances the health of your scalp, promotes hair thickness, and boosts blood flow to your scalp. When paired with other therapeutic interventions such as topical agents, this technique has the potential to accelerate hair growth.

But, you should avoid microneedling treatments if you are:

1. Taking blood thinners
2. Have hemophilia or other conditions that affect your body's capacity to heal
3. Pregnant

If you have a pre-existing medical problem, you should consult with your doctor before getting microneedling services.

TheHawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Top Responders Continued...

@chen

Chen is a long time needler that came out of the shadows into the large microneedling thread. He has been rolling for a couple years to achieve these results. He is now on finasteride to maintain results, though did achieve the majority of results in these photos from rolling + minoxidil!

Regimen Details: 1mm Dermaroller twice per day, Minoxidil once per day(?), now on Finasteride though saw results prior to its use

Source: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-from-tressless.117746/page-350#post-1769927

~2 year results:

/u/hairhairhair2018
via Reddit.com/r/tressless (added 2019-03-07)

Regimen Details: Big 3 (finasteride, Min + Nizoral) for 14 months. Needling Since August 2018 (~6 months), Needling every week (no minoxidil for 24H after) - only lightly and rarely see blood. Use a Dermaroller with 192 needles

Source:
14 Month Results (8 on Big 3, and last 6 incorporated needling):
Chen is all-time best results I've ever seen with any treatment. And almost entirely through microneedling. I think daily needling is key, man. Started my regimen this morning.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Chen is all-time best results I've ever seen with any treatment. And almost entirely through microneedling. I think daily needling is key, man. Started my regimen this morning.
Find me one dematologist who says microneedling everyday is a good idea, you have to understand the skin needs time to recover. Everyday is much more likely to cause harm than good.

TheHawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Find me one dematologist who says microneedling everyday is a good idea, you have to understand the skin needs time to recover. Everyday is much more likely to cause harm than good.
I've done it. I just didn't keep doing it. My skin's fine. I think the elevated growth factors for such a long *** time might be the main issue.

But his results, clearly, clearly, show there are a wide range of options on microneedling intervals.

It's similar pathways to LLLT, and you can do that daily as well, but you have to watch dosage.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think microneedling twice a week would be effective compared to once a week. But it's exhausting. If there was such a helmet, put it on, press the button and bang )