Men's Fashion Thread, If You Think It Matters

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty soon I will have to overhaul my entire wardrobe. First, my weight loss is continuing gradually so clothes which were once form fitting now look ridiculous, I kind of look like this:
stock-photo-man-in-baggy-business-suit-191753525.jpg

An interesting aspect about losing weight is that each pound makes more and more of a difference as weight drops. The clothes I bought at 185 are baggy at 175, whereas those I bought at 235 were good down to 200 or so. I'm going to try and finish the weight loss in a month with agressive fasting.

The other issue is that I'll be experiencing my first summer in a long time. I left the southern hemisphere for the northern hemisphere around September, and back in early 2016 I spent over a month travelling in the northern hemisphere (lol). So I own very little summer clothing.

This thread is to discuss men's fashion. Post a picture of something you think looks good and describe why. Alternatively, post a picture of something you think looks bad and describe why.

Female posters are welcome.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the longest time I didn't know that belts and shoes need to match. I now sometimes buy them together, and I now notice stores sometimes make this easy.

mens-belts-matching-shoes-new-york-620x350.jpg

A female friend discouraged me from wearing penny loafers on the basis that they age me.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Parka like this but better and with hood at winter

db9a124a099029010c4d872da8c559e0.jpg

this at Autumn/Spring

bl_206889_a

But not sure it fits you

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. It's not. I know, you'll look wierder, therefore more ridiculous. There's no escape.

Well dressed doesn't mean, dress like good looking people dress.

It means wearing clothes that suit you. So if you're ugly it means picking the clothes that you look best in. So by definition well dressed is better than the alternative. Better than sh*t is still bad though.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I need to get a sportscoat for my interviews. A proper suit would be too formal for me. I've never even worn a tie.
I'm quite clueless about sportscoats. Guess I'll have to ask for help at the store.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I need to get a sportscoat for my interviews. A proper suit would be too formal for me. I've never even worn a tie.
I'm quite clueless about sportscoats. Guess I'll have to ask for help at the store.

I am not sure about Europe, but in the US they say that being overdressed is better than being under-dressed. Best interview outfit is considered to be blue suit, brown shoes and striped tie. I usually wear suit unless the interviewer has explicitly said that the interview dress code is casual or business casual.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have Nordstrom near you?
They offer free shoppers/stylist to work with you and you are not obligated to spend anything you go over budget and goals before you go.
They have this also at Bloomingdales.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have Nordstrom near you?
They offer free shoppers/stylist to work with you and you are not obligated to spend anything you go over budget and goals before you go.
They have this also at Bloomingdales.

I'm thinking of going Nordstrom Rack + Sacks Off Fifth for my clothing.

The real Nordstrom and the real Saks will make it ~4x more expensive...