Marihuana inhibits dihydrotestosterone binding to the androgen receptor

drgs_not_hugs

Reaction score
The cure is near

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6249575

Abstract

<abstracttext>Marihuana and its constitutents delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta 9-THC) and cannabinol (CBN) were tested for their ability to interact with the androgen receptor in rat prostate cytosol. Smoked marihuana condensate, delta 9-THC, and CBN inhibit specific binding of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) to the androgen receptor with a dissociatin constant of the inhibitors (Li) of 2.1-5.8 X 10(-7)M. in addition, other metabolites of delta 9-THC were also androgen antagonists. This data suggests that the anti-androgenic effects associated with marihuana use results, at least in part, from inhibition of androgen action at the receptor level.</abstracttext>

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The cure is near

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6249575

Abstract

<abstracttext>Marihuana and its constitutents delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta 9-THC) and cannabinol (CBN) were tested for their ability to interact with the androgen receptor in rat prostate cytosol. Smoked marihuana condensate, delta 9-THC, and CBN inhibit specific binding of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) to the androgen receptor with a dissociatin constant of the inhibitors (Li) of 2.1-5.8 X 10(-7)M. in addition, other metabolites of delta 9-THC were also androgen antagonists. This data suggests that the anti-androgenic effects associated with marihuana use results, at least in part, from inhibition of androgen action at the receptor level.</abstracttext>

Could have ramifications for athletes couldn't it?

RatherGoBlindThanSeeItGo

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe putting weed oil with CBN and delta 9-THC on your scalp will have an effect. Apparently they are supposed to be anti-inflammatory so maybe it's like ketoconazole in terms of efficacy.

Losingmyhair1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
weed

I've also been smoking everyday for about 10 years and still losing hair. I'm calling BS on this one. If there was any truth to this, I'd look like Chewbacca at this point.

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
Given weed's tendency to produce gynecomastia, it makes sense that it has hormonal actions. But it also seems like there's a subtlety that is preventing normal smoking from being an effective treatment.

Jeca Tatu

Established Member
Reaction score
Given weed's tendency to produce gynecomastia, it makes sense that it has hormonal actions. But it also seems like there's a subtlety that is preventing normal smoking from being an effective treatment.

It indeed has endocrine effects, but there isn't any tendency to produce gynecomastia.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been smoking since I was 12 im 20 now and will probably have to shave my head soon...

g.i joey

Reaction score
how dumb could people be thinking that weed gives gyno... Millions maybe even billions of users and people are still trying to make speculations... Smh

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
how dumb could people be thinking that weed gives gyno... Millions maybe even billions of users and people are still trying to make speculations... Smh

Millions of men have gyno.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
weed

I've also been smoking everyday for about 10 years and still losing hair. I'm calling BS on this one. If there was any truth to this, I'd look like Chewbacca at this point.

LMAO

How are the effects for you at this point? Do you still get a good high? Does it make you forget the hair loss and your worries in general?

br1

Reaction score
I've been smoking it daily, multiple times a day for the last 20 yrs.. Still have my hair.

Oh, was on finasteride for the last ~15yrs too.. LOL

ps.: If it was giving ppl gyno.. then I would have grown some large tits by now..

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
Type anything in google with 'hair loss' next too it and there will be some sort of article on the topic.