Man is now in deep anxiety, can anyone help?

air_canton

Reaction score
I am a 26-year-old man. I started my treatment on male pattern baldness in July, 2005. Very lucky of I was, I

got satisfied effect on temple area. 1/4 Poscar per day; Rogaine 5% twice a day.

But, I reduced finasteride to 3*(1/4 Poscar) per week before 3 months, I noticed that the

regrowth in temple area became thiner....

I am very anxious about my hair. Could anyone tell me that why it happened?

By the way, English is not my native language, wish that my poor English could be understood

well.

Thanks and regards.

Pob

Reaction score
I'm not a scientist, but here are my thoughts.

finasteride has a very short half life and consequently it is cleared from the body quickly. By not taking it every day, you are allowing the DHT to build up again and attack the follicles.

Did you reduce the frequency of dose because of side effects? If so, what some people on this forum have done is to reduce the daily amount taken. There are studies that have shown that smaller doses can still block significant amounts of DHT. Whatever dose is taken, in my opinion it's very important to take it daily.

air_canton

Reaction score
I considered that Rogaine could help to prevent hair lose...

Pob said:
I'm not a scientist, but here are my thoughts.

finasteride has a very short half life and consequently it is cleared from the body quickly. By not taking it every day, you are allowing the DHT to build up again and attack the follicles.

Did you reduce the frequency of dose because of side effects? If so, what some people on this forum have done is to reduce the daily amount taken. There are studies that have shown that smaller doses can still block significant amounts of DHT. Whatever dose is taken, in my opinion it's very important to take it daily.

Thank you Pob. Side effects did not happen on me, exactly, I am a very lucky guy. ^^

Because, I think finasteride is to be taken orally, anyway, It could be more harmful to my body than without taking it. So I try to reduce Finasteride, at the same time, I mainteen Rogaine on my hair, to keep my regrowth.

Now, I have to go back to daily Finaseride. Wish that it would help too.

Thanks and regards!