maloburo's Story

maloburo

Reaction score
Hi all.
Just a quick contribution to the board.

I started losing my hair from about 16, i'm now 31 (male).
Last couple of years it's developed as the typical horseshoe pattern. I tackled this by wearing a hat and having crap haircuts. ;).
A little over 3 months ago I started minoxidil 5% and 2 months ago i started quartered proscar tabs. Got my head shaved to around 1cm so i could apply minoxidil more effec tively and noticed a bald patch at the top/back of my head with a thinning right down the middle. (i like to refer to it as the landing strip).

Anyhow results have been good, lose maybe a couple hairs now and then have had obvious regrowth in areas that were previously bare skin, no itching or side effects and frankly i have to say, particularly with nizoral my hair has never felt softer or cleaner.. I'll never go back to typical shampoos again.

I do have some pics, but i'll put them up at around the 6 month mark.

p.s for anyone is Oz who's lossing their hair... do something about it NOW. Look for a product called 'Hair A-gain' same as Rogaine but cheaper and only available in Oz. It's about $120 for 4x60ml bottles. Proscar will be about the same price but 1 pack will last 12months.

seeya later.
[/img]

KK

Reaction score
maloburo,

Where do you get your proscar ? Did you ask your Doctor to prescribe the proscar?

Thanks ...

Cheers

maloburo

Reaction score
My Doctor actually gave me a prescription for propecia.. i took it to a local chemist who said he'd swap it for proscar instead because it was cheaper. He, the chemist, also takes proscar for hair loss. He even went to the trouble of giving me a repeat and showing me how to slice it etc.

seeya

KK

Reaction score
Can the pharmacist do that for the prescribed drug? just swap the propecia for proscar? and offer repeat? Is he (pharmacist) your friend?

Mr C

Reaction score
maloburo said:
He even went to the trouble of giving me a repeat and showing me how to slice it etc.

Hi mate, not long ordered proscar, and was wondering before i recieve them, how you quater them?

Might sound like a simple silly question, but i had to ask.

G

Mr C said:
maloburo said:
He even went to the trouble of giving me a repeat and showing me how to slice it etc.

Hi mate, not long ordered proscar, and was wondering before i recieve them, how you quater them?

Might sound like a simple silly question, but i had to ask.

Just use a craft knife to cut them into 4 equal parts. Any smaller and it will just crumble tbh.

Petchsky

Reaction score
.....Or buy a pill cutter from the internet.

maloburo

Reaction score
I use a razor blade to slice the proscar up. Not always perfectly accurate though.

A

Administrator

Malo - this will now be your thread. If you want to post anything in the "Tell your Story" forum please post it here in this thread, including your updated photos, etc.

General questions need to go in the General Discussions area.

Admin