male pattern baldness is Natural, Early onset male pattern baldness is NOT

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN

Reaction score
Society is not starting the aging process earlier. We are living longer. In the 1920s by the time a 25 year old would start to go bald over half their life was over. Seemed pretty normal. Now, we live until we're 80, 90, or 100. The bottom line is that there is no standard, and no 100% accurate predictors for hair loss or any other genetic or age elated afflictions, cosmetic or health related.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I anticipated scorn so I will attempt to clarify my insight.

some of us are predisposed to male pattern baldness, others are genetically prone to greying, and some are vulnerable to weight gain, or even skin ageing. Worse still some of us are more likely to get Parkinson's while others will suffer tumours in later life.

the point is, we all have genetic vulnerabilities, and premature ageing is the driving force that determines just when those weaknesses will cascade.

so Fred, I appreciate that you were born vulnerable to male pattern baldness, but then by my argument you were born vulnerable to other ailments of ageing prematurely as well, as am I might I add. However this does not undermine the argument that male pattern baldness is a symptom of premature ageing.
why is this important? ...because most balding youths think that male pattern baldness is their sole problem. The reality is that it is just the first weakness to surface due to a larger premature ageing problem.
however a complete lifestyle overhaul with a focus on combating premature ageing in its totality should be the first line of action taken by any male pattern baldness sufferer.
any subsequent measures are only to be taken after these fundamentals are taken care of.

I enjoy good debate but male pattern baldness is 100% genetics. You can get bald guys living healthy with no ailments to 100+ and mopheads dying in their 20's/30's. All random.

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
there are plenty of things we know can be done to halt the advancement of all that bad **** namely, High intensity interval training, intermittent fasting, cut gluten and fructose and carbs from diet, supplement with the right vitamins and maybe more.
you will stall aging to it's natural rate, and perhaps reverse some minitursation. better late than never.

I believe diet is a cornerstone to well being. For me, personally, gluten F's me up so I avoid it like the plague.

In my experience, I found that people are lazy, ignorant, and lack self-control to make positive changes in life with their diet. I understand it has mostly to do with the people I associate with (which is very unfortunate) but it probably reflects a good portion of the population. Therefor, I never preach except to my family.

You know what is right for you and you should be persistent in making the right choices. Let the people watch from the sidelines and make their excuses.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
If hair loss was premature aging, no bald man would have a baby face. Premature aging exists but it is extremely rare; It's known as the Werner syndrome.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Natural doesn't mean jack ****. Who gives a f what's natural or not? So many bad things in the world are 'natural'. I don't give a crap about that - we rise above nature a long time ago, time to stop caring about that and look at improving lives with science and technology. Nature don't give a crap about you!

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to propose a case for something I have not heard independently, that the early onset of Male Pattern baldness in modern society is unnatural, and by taking unorthodox measures can be postponed until it's appropriate time in old age, along with all the other diseases of age we all must face.

In order to keep this from becoming long winded, I will make a series of arguments that logically lead to the above conclusion:

First off, let's clarify some fundamentals. Pattern balding is a symptom of aging, that has a genetic component and an androgen component, hence the term "Androgenetic Alopecia", .....however This is a little bit misleading as it over simplifies the process, and implies that it's just a random gene with no function that only some of us are burdened with. This is not an accurate assessment. I will elaborate

The fact is the vast majority of men bald eventually, You have read the stats yourself, 80% of us will be bald by the time we are 80. We get old... This is acceptable. by that time your whole health system is ****ed anyway and you've lived out your life. I think we can all live with that. It's when it comes for you in your twenties that sucks. I venture that that last part, balding in your twenties, is unnatural.

okay lets take a step back and look at the big picture. Modern society is having an epidemic of early onset diseases and premature aging overall. I suppose I should add a study here and there so here's one, http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/path.2122/pdf (you could probably find more)

;Male pattern baldness has been correlated with heart disease, diabetes, certain cancers, obesity and a list of negative health associations. At this point I'd like to interject with the assumption that we tend to lose hair before these other ailments, simply because hair is the most expendable asset.

Those diseases just listed are all spawned by the same pathologies of aging: that is insulin resistence, mitochondrial decay, inflammation, poor cellular up-regulation of genes that fight aging and disease, Low testosterone and human growth hormone, high systemic igf1 which impedes repair and ultimately oxidative stress.;Now hang on a minute, any of those pathologies of aging related to male pattern baldness? The answer is yes.;

So to recap, Society is aging prematurely and presenting with diseases much sooner than ever before, these diseases are all symptomatic of the same fundamental pathologies, Male pattern balding is associated with these diseases and tends to strike first as it's the least vital priority

So why are we aging so soon? what the hell can I do about it?..... ; Well, at least now your asking the right questions! there are plenty of things we know can be done to halt the advancement of all that bad **** namely, High intensity interval training, intermittent fasting, cut gluten and fructose and carbs from diet, supplement with the right vitamins and maybe more.
you will stall aging to it's natural rate, and perhaps reverse some minitursation. better late than never.

Please define 'natural' in this context. MBP is a pathology at any stage of life. One that just so happens to be accumulative and progress through time at a variable rate (thus leading to the common misconception that 'only older men should be bald'). This however, does not prove that the pathogensis of MBP is linked to senescence or the 'rate of living'.

Cthulhu57

Reaction score
I think what you call premature aging is more of stress levels. Personally I started balding when I had very high stress levels and then stabilized for years when everything in my life was going well. Lately I've been in a bad period of life and suddenly shedding increased significantly again. Obviously it is mostly genetic, but I do think environment plays a role.

resu

Reaction score
Steroid abuse and gym lifestyle are the reason for early male pattern baldness... if only! Face it, we just don't know the variables and we probably will never know even when and if a cure exists.

wolfman

My Regimen
Reaction score
So where's the study that found that today's men are balding earlier than their grandfathers and great-grandfathers? ...

You wanna get back to us on that?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to propose a case for something I have not heard independently, that the early onset of Male Pattern baldness in modern society is unnatural, and by taking unorthodox measures can be postponed until it's appropriate time in old age, along with all the other diseases of age we all must face.

In order to keep this from becoming long winded, I will make a series of arguments that logically lead to the above conclusion:

First off, let's clarify some fundamentals. Pattern balding is a symptom of aging, that has a genetic component and an androgen component, hence the term "Androgenetic Alopecia", .....however This is a little bit misleading as it over simplifies the process, and implies that it's just a random gene with no function that only some of us are burdened with. This is not an accurate assessment. I will elaborate

The fact is the vast majority of men bald eventually, You have read the stats yourself, 80% of us will be bald by the time we are 80. We get old... This is acceptable. by that time your whole health system is ****ed anyway and you've lived out your life. I think we can all live with that. It's when it comes for you in your twenties that sucks. I venture that that last part, balding in your twenties, is unnatural.

okay lets take a step back and look at the big picture. Modern society is having an epidemic of early onset diseases and premature aging overall. I suppose I should add a study here and there so here's one, http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/path.2122/pdf (you could probably find more)

;Male pattern baldness has been correlated with heart disease, diabetes, certain cancers, obesity and a list of negative health associations. At this point I'd like to interject with the assumption that we tend to lose hair before these other ailments, simply because hair is the most expendable asset.

Those diseases just listed are all spawned by the same pathologies of aging: that is insulin resistence, mitochondrial decay, inflammation, poor cellular up-regulation of genes that fight aging and disease, Low testosterone and human growth hormone, high systemic igf1 which impedes repair and ultimately oxidative stress.;Now hang on a minute, any of those pathologies of aging related to male pattern baldness? The answer is yes.;

So to recap, Society is aging prematurely and presenting with diseases much sooner than ever before, these diseases are all symptomatic of the same fundamental pathologies, Male pattern balding is associated with these diseases and tends to strike first as it's the least vital priority

So why are we aging so soon? what the hell can I do about it?..... ; Well, at least now your asking the right questions! there are plenty of things we know can be done to halt the advancement of all that bad **** namely, High intensity interval training, intermittent fasting, cut gluten and fructose and carbs from diet, supplement with the right vitamins and maybe more.

Wow what a train wreck of a post. How embarrassing.

McThin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I enjoy good debate but male pattern baldness is 100% genetics. You can get bald guys living healthy with no ailments to 100+ and mopheads dying in their 20's/30's. All random.
Yeah it is random, for me theres not a bald guy in my family at all yet im losing my hair like crazy