Looking For User Experiences: Taking Propecia Before And After Gyno (surgery)

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi,,

I developed gyno on propecia. I have 2 options: continue propecia, do surgery and hope the gyno doesn't return after surgery. Ofcourse this is a gamble because it could return. The other option is stop taking propecia, lose the gyno and lose the hair...

I am looking for people who had the same dilemma and wonder what they did? Please let me know!

Thanks!!

g.i joey

Reaction score
you have a 3rd option. if this is recent like in the last 3 months then you could follow a strict letrozole protocol, you should speak to your doctor and tell him your situation. i did and he let me give it a shot after checking in his books and seeing that doctors have used letro off label to treat gyno in early stages.

it took about 1.5-2 months on letro, it made my hair a little worst but my gyno reduced to like 1/3 of what it was.

I lost some weight (still slightly out of shape) and im back on finasteride with no gyno probs 3 months in. just something to consider, good luck!

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you have a 3rd option. if this is recent like in the last 3 months then you could follow a strict letrozole protocol, you should speak to your doctor and tell him your situation. i did and he let me give it a shot after checking in his books and seeing that doctors have used letro off label to treat gyno in early stages.

it took about 1.5-2 months on letro, it made my hair a little worst but my gyno reduced to like 1/3 of what it was.

I lost some weight (still slightly out of shape) and im back on finasteride with no gyno probs 3 months in. just something to consider, good luck!

Thanks for your reply. I havent received notice of a reaction so ik replying late. The situation is a bit different then prescribed above. I took propecia in february, stopped end of february, developed gyno anyway in march and april, took nolvadex for 5 weeks in may (40mg) and reduced it to a small lump. Still puffy nipples, bit smaller then on propecia. Also cosmecticaley im satisfied. However, hairloss is progressing rapidly so thats why i want to continue propecia really bad, even when it means gyno surgey.

Your 3rd option is new to me and i havent read stories of it. Can is ask you some more questions? I hope you can help me out.

You developes gyno after 3 months and took 1mg propecia together with letrozole?
Is it possible you could tell your story in detail for me? Would appreciate much!!

g.i joey

Reaction score
ill be brief because i was about to step out.

-took finasteride for 2 months got gyno (noticed it happening, didnt stop taking finasteride, stupid decision)
-went to Doctor right after and told him my suggestion and he confirmed minor gyno and letro may work after showing him proof and him reading in his books.
- got off finasteride for 5 days.
-followed the bodybuilding gyno protocol (you'll find it quick)
-followed protocol for 2 months
-gyno shrank and i also lost some weight (side effects on letro are brutal, they make finasteride sides a joke)
-gyno stayed shrunk, stayed off drug for another 2-3 months
all my experiences on finasteride now dont involve my gyno flaring up

PLEASE SPEAK WITH A Doctor BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO CONSIDER THIS ROUTE!!!

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ill be brief because i was about to step out.

-took finasteride for 2 months got gyno (noticed it happening, didnt stop taking finasteride, stupid decision)
-went to Doctor right after and told him my suggestion and he confirmed minor gyno and letro may work after showing him proof and him reading in his books.
- got off finasteride for 5 days.
-followed the bodybuilding gyno protocol (you'll find it quick)
-followed protocol for 2 months
-gyno shrank and i also lost some weight (side effects on letro are brutal, they make finasteride sides a joke)
-gyno stayed shrunk, stayed off drug for another 2-3 months
all my experiences on finasteride now dont involve my gyno flaring up

PLEASE SPEAK WITH A Doctor BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO CONSIDER THIS ROUTE!!!
Thanks! The situation is almost clear to me but not 100%. I wont do sometging before consulting doctor.

So you got off finasteride for 5 days. Started finasteride again and at the same time letro? And now you are off letro (still finasteride) and the gyno didnt return
Or
You got off finasteride, took letro till size shrunk to 1/3, waited 2/3 months before taking finasteride again?

g.i joey

Reaction score
yeah you got it, the only thing is I wasn't on finasteride while on letro... The shedding wasn't crazyyyy but I'm sure it had some effect on my hair. Worth a try if you can get your Doctor on board... Try visiting some bodybuilding sites these guys get gyno flare ups all the time and either stabilize it with serms or potentially reverse it with AIs

Letro may not work if the gyno was there for too long but it takes a couple months before it becomes fibrous tissue. Good luck brah

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah you got it, the only thing is I wasn't on finasteride while on letro... The shedding wasn't crazyyyy but I'm sure it had some effect on my hair. Worth a try if you can get your Doctor on board... Try visiting some bodybuilding sites these guys get gyno flare ups all the time and either stabilize it with serms or potentially reverse it with AIs

Letro may not work if the gyno was there for too long but it takes a couple months before it becomes fibrous tissue. Good luck brah
I was / am in the same situation as you. Indtead of letro i took tamoxifen to reduce the gyno.

Last questions!:
1. How long after quitting letro did you took propecia again?
2. How long are you on propecia this time?
3. What dosage?
4. Any sides?

g.i joey

Reaction score
1. about 2 weeks after, regained full function of my sex drive and hopped onto finasteride.. for what its worth i slowly went one.. .25 for 2 weeks and .5 after that stayed on that dose.
2. now i am 3 months in 1mg, 3-5 times a week.
3. 1mg
4. watery semen, reduced volume

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1. about 2 weeks after, regained full function of my sex drive and hopped onto finasteride.. for what its worth i slowly went one.. .25 for 2 weeks and .5 after that stayed on that dose.
2. now i am 3 months in 1mg, 3-5 times a week.
3. 1mg
4. watery semen, reduced volume

Hi joey. Hoe is your situation now? I am on prescription propecia 4 months now. No sides now, which is really weird

g.i joey

Reaction score
Still going strong.. no gyno symptoms at 1mg 3-4x a week, hope all is well with you brotha

g.i joey

Reaction score
Noo I have yet to see any gains. But to be fair I took a 1 month break when I went on vacation in August so I realize I lost some from there. Now it's almost 3 months I'm
Back on and still shedding like a b**ch. I'm sticking it out this time, we'll see how it goes. I mean I know finasteride is doing something, my facial skin is smoother than it's ever been. I know that's a direct effect from propecia