Looking for the best FUE doctors

itsJustMe

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here looking for some advice. I just decided to get a hair transplant and would like to get FUE. I am 31 and about a NW3. I refuse to take minoxidil, finasteride or anything else but have kept my existing hair pretty well the last few years of taking nothing.

I have a few questions -

1. Who would the best FUE doctors in the US be? I live in New Mexico and travel to Arizona and California frequently so if there were some there that would be best but quality comes before location.

2. I am hoping to spend ~15,000 on an FUE transplant and I dont expect to get complete coverage, just enough to have a good hairline again while waiting for histogen hsc or a similar product to come on the market. Is this a realistic price?

3. I keep my hair very short (usually completely shaved or close to shaved). Can i still expect to keep it this short or shave my head after my FUE surgery?

Thanks!

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at Cole or Shapiro.

Don't tell them how much you want to spend. I'm definitely getting PRP/ACELL.

Best of luck.

itsJustMe

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Dr. Sanusi Umar? Does anyone have any experience with him or know how good he is?

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
I would meet with a few docs and see who you are comfortable with. Also, look at their before and after pics carefully (and repeatedly). Look for a Doctor whose patients look like you i.e. which Doctor has a lot of experience with people in your specific situation.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at Cole or Shapiro.

Don't tell them how much you want to spend. I'm definitely getting PRP/ACELL.

Best of luck.

Cole is no good either. There is one guy on here, Arfy who paid $36,000 and got zzero results. Cole wouldn't refund him a penny. It doesn't matter what other results you see. When a doctor won't stand behind their work they are showing you they are unethical and dishonest.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Dr. Sanusi Umar? Does anyone have any experience with him or know how good he is?

I started a conversation with you. I'll tell you of my nightmare with Umar. Check your conversations (PMs but for some reason the site administrator decided to complicate things).

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Cole is no good either. There is one guy on here, Arfy who paid $36,000 and got zzero results. Cole wouldn't refund him a penny. It doesn't matter what other results you see. When a doctor won't stand behind their work they are showing you they are unethical and dishonest.

Arfy was a repair job from another dr. and Cole explained his position in another forum. My experience with Cole is a 180 compared to arfy. Repairs are very complex compared to normal transplants.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Arfy was a repair job from another dr. and Cole explained his position in another forum. My experience with Cole is a 180 compared to arfy. Repairs are very complex compared to normal transplants.

Why didn't he explain it here. Arfy had zero results. For whatever the reason, Cole should have at least refunded him something. Even Bosley refunds or replants for grafts that don't grow. When you charge as much money as Cole and won't even do a partial refund it speaks highly of you lack of ethics. No one is going to be 100%, but when you aren't have the balls to do what's right.

By the way, Cole was informed of Arfy's post here. Why didn't he come here to respond? What could he say? He doesn't even do the work, His assitants do it.

dr. cole

Reaction score
Deadman 1, I'm sorry you had a bad result with Dr. Umar. That's not an uncommon complaint with body hair. Sometimes body hair just doesn't' work out. I'm upfront with this in all patients. With scalp hair, unless you had prior poor work or a scarring alopecia like lichoplanopilaris, growth is usually consistent.

Arfy had a great repair work. He had plugs and I debulked them for free. Then he wanted to do body hair. I was against this. He pushed me. Anytime someone has prior pluggy grafting, there is the potential that growth will not be good. I always explain this. Anytime we graft body hair, the probability is always high that growth will not be good. I always explain this to my patients. With body hair, plug removal, and redistribution of grafts, Arfy had over 100K of surgery, and he paid only 36K for body hair alone. I did not encourage him to have body hair. He simply elected to have it even though I discouraged him. I always try to make my patients happy. However, when you give up two weeks of surgery time to perform free surgery, and surgery that you do not recommend, it is hard to justify a refund. Remember that Arfy only wrote his story after he first threatened to write his story if I did not refund him. That's blackmail. It's against the law. I did the initial surgery for Arfy because I felt sorry for him. Arfy had plugs and he felt ashamed. I solved his plug problem without creating scars. No one could have been nicer to Arfy. No other doctor offered to do this for him for free or for a fee. Every doctor steered clear of Arfy because every week Arfy bashed the doctor that did his original work.

I love what I do, and I don't stop trying to help those with problems. Last night a young man, a nice man, told me that he had limited money, and he was in a tight spot in his life. I told him to come in, and we would do all we could for 2 to 3K including Acell and PRP.

Incidentally, I did offer to refund Arfy 13K through Spencer Kobren in the fall of 2015, but Arfy refused to take it. I think he should schedule a procedure of beard hair with me at no charge to see if I can get him over the hump, but I'm not sure I can. Sometimes, a scarred scalp from plugs just doesn't' grow hair.