long time finasteride user switching

shrtyzl

Reaction score
i always hated the idea of using min, but the propecia has become ineffective. can anyone give me some advice -- 2% or 5%? once a day or twice? is it as hard as i think it's going to be to apply? thanks in advance for any replies.

misterium

Reaction score
it's supposed to be twice a day.. i thought ????

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Well my story is:

been on once a day for months now and haven't noticed any decrease in effeciency. Was doing twice a day for about 4 months, noticed results, but also was a pain in the *** to apply in the mornings.
So i tried once a day, and was liking the convenience.
Plus, a bottle lasts me twice as long, plus my head isn't as irritated, plus I don't have to stress with 2x day applications, plus I have something to fall back on if the DHT overpowers the 1x day application.

This is just me, but I'm much happier with 1x a day.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I also used it twice a day for quite a while and found no difference in using it once a day.

shrtyzl

Reaction score
thanks

i think once a day will make it a much easier process. anyone else have an opinion on this?

SE-freak

Reaction score
Re: thanks

shrtyzl said:
i think once a day will make it a much easier process. anyone else have an opinion on this?

No, I think it is easier to apply it twice daily.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Try using Dr Lees Standard Minoxidil (Product Number 500)

But first use standard Rogaine/Kirkland or any brand for a month or two just so you realise how much easier Dr Lees stuff is to use, it is non greasy, it dries in 10 minutes (Rogaine was still damp on my scalp after 2-3 hours!).

Your Propecia has not lost any efficacy, it is just that the balding process is beginning to 'outrun' the gains made by inhibiting DHT with finasteride.

Do not (as you say in your thread title) 'switch' from finasteride to minoxidil if you wish to keep your hair.

The best policy would be to add minoxidil.

MINOXPAUSE.gif

shrtyzl said:

If it makes no difference using minoxidil once a day as opposed to twice a day, then it would appear that minoxidil is not dose dependent. Following this logic you might want to try using it once every other day, twice a week, once a month, or to save yourself a whole lot of hassle and bother, just buy a single bottle, apply it once and never use it again.

Good luck.

Remember, ignore the studies.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hellohello said:
....plus I have something to fall back on if the DHT overpowers the 1x day application.

Minoxidil does not inhibit DHT, DHT does not 'overpower' minoxidil.

Minoxidil extends the anagen stage of the hair cycle.

DHT atrophies the hair follicle, leading to a smaller, thinner, less pigmented hair shaft, eventually the follicle will produce no more than a vellus hair.

Minoxidil will not slow down or halt your hair loss as it does not impact on DHT levels, it is sold as a growth stimulant and only just fits that description.