Long Term User But Tide Is Turning. Need Advice

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Not much change in one year. Most people will not know you have anything wrong. Your density is still good.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The one problem with your hairloss has been you. I don't mean to offend, but come on - to even think that perhaps it's a problem with the drug, versus, oh I don't know, the fact that you took the drug inconsistently and even stopped for an entire year? The fact that you post images that aren't even at the same angle/same lighting and draw conclusions from a flawed comparison? Now you're just trying random stuff like dermarolling and "seti or bitmaprost and castor oil", all which have limited proven efficacy? You're approaching this the wrong way: emotionally and impulsively. Hairloss treatment is a tortoise and the hair situation. Be consistent, be patient, have faith in the scientific literature and not your emotional read on what your follicles are doing. Take your finasteride every day at the same time and don't stop for a year again. Focus on the other parts of your life and leave the hair to do what it will: you're already taking finasteride. There's nothing else you can do. If you realize in a year that it's gotten worse, you can consider transplants or whatever, but I mean, what can you do now? Other than wait and see, the answer is nothing.

Thats a bit unfair to be honest. Ive took finasteride for ten years or more. I would say i have been fairly consistent overall. Yes the lazy year was a bad idea.

Im not being impulsive. I still doing the big 3 religiously. I hust want to add a little more to my arsenal now.

As for forgetting about hair i genuinely do. I usually come on these boards for advice and then dissapear for a while. I wouldnt say hair gets me down and in daily life i dont think about it that much as im lucky with the hair compared to many. I just want to see if i can get some more regrowth. Im probably greedy yes..

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Also the only reason i ever thought it may be finasteride not working or being a fake batch is because 1. Ive been on it so long and many say if effectiveness wears away eventually.

And 2. I was on the same brand for so long and then switched.

Kalash

Reaction score
Thats a bit unfair to be honest. Ive took finasteride for ten years or more. I would say i have been fairly consistent overall. Yes the lazy year was a bad idea.

Im not being impulsive. I still doing the big 3 religiously. I hust want to add a little more to my arsenal now.

As for forgetting about hair i genuinely do. I usually come on these boards for advice and then dissapear for a while. I wouldnt say hair gets me down and in daily life i dont think about it that much as im lucky with the hair compared to many. I just want to see if i can get some more regrowth. Im probably greedy yes..

You're right, that's why I deleted it. I was too emotional myself. I get a bit triggered when I see negative posts here when people haven't been consistent, since I think it scares other people away from something that could change their lives tbh. Take it easy :)

Edit: man it kills me when I see guys go all the way to hair transplants and sh*t before thinking of taking finasteride, when they could have just taken the damn drug, for like 60 bucks a year, and had hair the whole time. Girls take birth control constantly and we never bat an eye, and that's undoubtedly changing hormone levels in way that finasteride doesn't even get close to.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You're right, that's why I deleted it. I was too emotional myself. I get a bit triggered when I see negative posts here when people haven't been consistent, since I think it scares other people away from something that could change their lives tbh. Take it easy :)

Fair enough mate. And to underpin your view.. i rate finasteride highly and recommend it to anyone. Would never want anyone scared away from it. Ive taken it so long with zero sides and decent maintenance :)

Kalash

Reaction score
Fair enough mate. And to underpin your view.. i rate finasteride highly and recommend it to anyone. Would never want anyone scared away from it. Ive taken it so long with zero sides and decent maintenance :)
Yeah, I don't know why I decided to rant on this post... anyways, your hair really does look good and I don't see any noticeable changes between the July post and the post from now. It's normal to shed throughout the year. I always notice my hair seems more limp, more thin, and I shed more during the autumn months. Then in January/February it thickens up and holds that way until the end of summer, and the cycle starts again. Probably some change in spring too.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair continues to get worse. Temples have really took a hit the past couple of months. And itch i had yrs and yrs ago is back along with the oily scalp and face. This recent bout of loss all began when i started back on finasteride after using dutasteride for a while which i stopped because of sides. I had used fincar for years which worked great but when i went back to finasteride from dutasteride i bought finast instead which was cheaper. I knownits probably not fake but they have done nothing for me so im switching to finastride from a proper uk place. Hoping i can bring back some stability to my loss along with dermarollijg more often. New finasteride arives tomorrow so taking this and below as day 1 and ill see where im at in 3-4months time. Just hoping finasteride hasnt lost its effectiveness :(

Hairline and where my original hairline was roughly

Last edited:

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair still looks great man! I really hope I maintain as long as you did on finasteride (I'm on my 2nd year now).

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
your might be ine the top 20 porcentage of hair for the 30's guys .
i wish fina could maitain hair that well for me