Long hair and transplants

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 24 and have been thinning for about almost 2 years. Except you cannot tell. I hide it very well. I've receeded a little bit (knock on wood).

My question is, do you HAVE to sport the "hair transplant" look when you get a transplant? I want to keep my hair down to around my eyebrows (parted in the middle) from now on. Is this possible with a good transplant? I saw a guy at a club with long hair who had a transplant. I know, because my neighbor was with me and knew his exwife.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Dude if you can keep your hair down to your eyebrows and parted in the middle there is no way you need a hair transplant. At least not in the front. Any good hair transplant doctor will tell you the same thing. Since your young I suggest you see a derm that has experience in hair loss and get a presciption for Propecia. Get on the big three and see how that goes for a year.

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
Depends on who does the tranplant, how bald you were to start, how much donor hair you have and finally how much you're willing to spend.

$30,000 might get you good results with a good doctor.

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
30,000 is extremely over priced those are price ranges from about a decade ago. If you figure ALVI charges 3$ a graft for strip how can you propose 30,000 especially if he is merely thinning and not completely bald. Obviously the FUE procedure is much more expensive but is not as effective at creating density and can only be done on small areas at one time.