Lightheaded, dizzy, feeling faint -- proscar side effect?

DinkusMayhem

Reaction score
I've been on proscar (1.25 mg/day) for between 3 and 4 months and just recently I started experiencing bouts of dizziness, light-headedness, and I've felt extremely faint, sometimes to the point where I've had to lean over and support myself on a table or chair so I don't fall over.

I've seen dizziness listed as a side effect of proscar in a small percent of people taking a full dose (5 mg/day), but I haven't heard many people talk about it at the reduced dosages I'm using.

Has anyone had or heard of others having similar experiences? I'm not sure it is proscar, but that is the main thing that has changed in the past 6 months or so other than my beginning to work out in mid-December, so I'm exploring the hypothesis that it might be this med.

thanks for any help you can offer, and I'm not trying to be alarmist of indict proscar/propecia in any way. I'm just concerned and curious.

DinkusMayhem

Reaction score
I went to the doctor regarding the dizziness and now chest pains. It turns out I have a virus that is likely responsible for the dizziness.

I was referred to a cardiologist, too, to check for heart problems. I'm 35 and in good health otherwise, so I'm guessing it was all this virus. If I find out anything about the proscar from the cardiologist, I'll pass it along here after my visit.

As of now, Proscar doesn't seem to be the problem, so I thought I'd update the thread.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Thanks for the update.

I hope everything works out at your doctor, so you can keep coming back and let us know about your Proscar regrowth.