LaserComb users, Please give us some feedback.

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
Tell us your feedback about LaserComb (Pros & Cons).

Thanks in advance.

G

From what I have read from other users it does seem to thicken your hair up. That's about it as far as I know.

So....

It thickens your existing hair - if you are a lucky one.
It's quite expensive.
Can you keep up the regiment of using it for 10 mins a day or every other day.

That's the best I can do as an outsider...

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sam, welcome to this forum discussion community.

I've been using the LC now for going on three years as of this June. On the plus side, it's helped me to keep the hair that I have, hair is healthier, shinier, thicker and fuller, and some of my thinner areas have come back to life and are doing better than before treatment. Areas where I'm challenged with the LC, you need to use it two times a week for 15-20 minutes, no audible beep sound to alert me that five seconds have passed (I've got older generation model but apparently the new one does this), it's electric which means you can't use it outside. But when push comes to shove, anything that's worth it's weight will have it's challenges but the question is, do the positives outweigh the challenges? In this case for me, yes, they do:)

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
Greg1,
Thanks you, however I'm a "Norwood 2" person, so do you think it could bring back some of the dead areas at the sides of my head?

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm...I seriously doubt that any treatment, including the LC, can bring back dead follicles:( But the ones that you have that are still active you have a good chance of bringing back.

Goingat20

Reaction score
Ive been using the laser comb for about a year and have been using it on a regular basis. My opinion is that it makes the hair feel good for a couple of hours but thats about it, it then returns to its old thin self. I wouldnt encourage anyone to pay that much money. I'd stick with a thickening shampoo....Less hasle and cheaper
goodluck

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Greg1 i would have to see how much hair you have without the combover. . . because you said you've kept the hair you have .. but arent the hair you kept on the side of your head you were going to keep anyways??

Jim Canter

Reaction score
hair follicles don't die when they loose hair

there seems to be some misconception that hair follicles die when they loose their hair. They don't die, they miniturize and go from having a thick terminal hair to having a small wispy vellus hair and eventually no hair. But they alive. They can be brought back and grow a hair. But not with a laser comb.

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
Jim Canter, with what they can return back (other than surgical alternatives)!!!!
I will pay anything for my hairline & temples to return back to life.

"Norwood 2"
-----------------------------
Tricomin.
Revivogen.
Apple Vinegar.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jim Canter, forgive me but I recognize a sell line when I see one:( What product are you talking about?

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Greg1 said:
Jim Canter, forgive me but I recognize a sell line when I see one:( What product are you talking about?

agreed Jim Carter should be banned for being a spamming wh***

qdiiii

Reaction score
I would like to know if such a product exist also..Anyway I own a laser comb and it does live up to its claims. It has made my hair thicker but it has not caused any regrowth of "dead follicles" which is what i hoped for. For those who are a little cheap in the pocketbook you can purchase refurbished laser combs from the official site. There is also a payment plan available. If you really care about your appearance fork over the money. We spend most of our money on bullshit anyway.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
qdiiii, welcome to this discussion board:) I'm like you when it comes to enthusiasm for the LC. But watch out because if you encourage others that the LC is working for you, you might get the honorary title of working for the makers of it:(

BTW you mentioned that you've been using it with some success, how long? Also, where did you hear that you would be able to get dead follicles to grow by using the LC? I've seen some very good response in my crown area and temples by it's use but in areas where the follicles died, no such thing. Curious if you've noticed anything else from it's use?

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright Lasercombers and Lasercombettes - let's keep the feedback coming.

How are you all travelling? Still getting results? I am yet to buy one - but will do at some point soon. From where i'm sitting it can do no harm and for AUD$750 or so it's not too expensive.

I find it interesting the number of people on the Lasercomb forum who get results in the first 3 months of use, see new hairs, fuller hairs and are otherwise ecstatic, only to complain of shedding and a reversion back to base levels or worse thereafter. I guess some people just wanna complain too...

Anyway, look forward to your results - hope they're good ones!!

Cheers

Def

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Def, when it comes to consistency of results, the LC has been stellar for me for the last three years. Way better than I had expected.

matt_1_

Reaction score
Been on finasteride for 5 years. Lately started to thin or shed, anyway, lots and lots and lots of hair in the sink, don't know why...decided to give lasercomb a try...

NW3 but with very thick hair. Since they got thinner, all i'm expecting is that they get thick again. I'll keep posting on my updates...

PS. Dropped rogaine 5 months ago, too much of a pain in the ***...

matt_1_

Reaction score
could be, or could be the finasteride starting to lose it's effect...I'm also looking to go on dutasteride...
anyway can't wait to see if LLLaser is bullshit or not.

matt_1_

Reaction score
3 weeks update on Lasercomb:

Doing it twice a week, right after washing my hair (when back to nizoral. used T-gel for a while) *finasteride probably started losing its effect (5 year now) NW3

- Been shedding like a b**ch. (shed so much that the GF tough I gave myself a hair cut in the shower)

- hate the shed phase

- my hair looks pretty thin and shitty right now (the worse I've seen in so long)

- What a wonderful world...

G

That's a dropped minoxidil shed man - you may not get that hair back.