LaserComb users -- has it actually regrown hair?

Met76

Reaction score
I know there is some debate on whether or not the LaserComb has actually regrown hair or whether it just makes hair appear to be thicker, but from your own experiences with this product, what would you say?

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dont hold your breath. This thing will not regrow your hair. I gaurantee no one is using this LC alone without any other treatment and regrew hair. Although i used minoxidil for about 5 and a half months so far with good results and i used the LC for 5 months with no results.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had my laser comb about 1 month so far and it makes my scalp feel better. Its too early to tell wether it will regrow any hair yet. I'll post my results though.

G

As far as I know it will just ticken exisiting hair. God knows how but that's what they claim.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hardly anyone has reported results from the laser comb, given its orice I think I'd spend the money on something more proven.

G

global said:
Hardly anyone has reported results from the laser comb, given its orice I think I'd spend the money on something more proven.

Good advice I think..

viperfish

Reaction score
I have had regrowth along my temples from using the comb alone and it has thickened my hair. If you go to regrowth.com (discussion board) there are a few there that have also had regrowth only using the comb.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont understand how Canadian Govt. would approve it for Hair Regrowth if they didnt have adequate , legit proof that it does so.. i mean people joke around how Canadian Govt is a joke but i mean cmon in reality Is a damn Countries Government!!! If it was a joke Canada would be falling apart and people would be doing whatever they wanted to... i honestly think its going to be FDA approved if its already approved in Canada and somewhere else. Its just everyone is so skeptical to try it because of its price .. i mean im skeptical too but im hoping once the FDA trials are done with it will put an end to the skepticism ... even though i would bet that if it was FDA approved there would still be people going around saying its BS. but i hope its something i can add to my regimen!!

viperfish

Reaction score
fallout boy said:
I dont understand how Canadian Govt. would approve it for Hair Regrowth if they didnt have adequate , legit proof that it does so.. i mean people joke around how Canadian Govt is a joke but i mean cmon in reality Is a damn Countries Government!!! If it was a joke Canada would be falling apart and people would be doing whatever they wanted to... i honestly think its going to be FDA approved if its already approved in Canada and somewhere else. Its just everyone is so skeptical to try it because of its price .. i mean im skeptical too but im hoping once the FDA trials are done with it will put an end to the skepticism ... even though i would bet that if it was FDA approved there would still be people going around saying its BS. but i hope its something i can add to my regimen!!

I agree totally! It is pointless to argue with people about it. The lasercomb is approved in Canada and Singapore and people still say it's bs. Oh well, I've stuck up for the LLLT enough and I'm not gonna do it anymore. People can think what they want.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
r u guys sure it was approved for regrowth in canada and not just for safety?? i'm not sure. but i haven't done any research on that issue.

viperfish

Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
r u guys sure it was approved for regrowth in canada and not just for safety?? i'm not sure. but i haven't done any research on that issue.

Yes it was approved for regrowth, thickening, and increasing the tensile strength of the hair in Canada. The USA has approved it for safety and thickening only.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yep i researched it too and it was approved as a medical device in Canada...or in other words hairgrowth/maintanence

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Viperfish, no doubt because you stand to the defense of the LC, you've been accused of working for them. Don't worry about it. What matters is that you've come across a product that delivers what is promised. I hate to say it but there's way too much cycnism when it comes to an honest company that is trying to benefit people with real, tangible results. As a customer of their's, I've had many good interactions with them to tell me otherwise.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Viper, I know you've probably been asked this before, so I apologise. What kind of male pattern baldness are you suffering from? Are you one of the guys that is receding or one that has started to go from the crown? I understand there are also "diffuse" thinners, but I'm not sure that I or anyone else quite knows what that means.

I am in the crown male pattern baldness category, so heading in a few years' time for that Friar Tuck look (sexy). I ask the question because I have decided to purchase a lasercomb in the next few weeks. Even if it is just a "cosmetic" enhancer, I think it's worth it. And from the balance of the posts I read, it appears that the lasercomb does at least provide some benefit to the condition of the scalp and quality of the hairs. I'm basically just wondering how it will work for me...

At my stage of male pattern baldness, in which I have a thinning patch on my crown, but still most of the terminal hairs there - I am just looking for thickening up. I have been on 1.5ml minoxidil and 1.25mg finasteride per day for 2 years now and have neither improved or worsened much as far as I can tell. Will also kick up the minoxidil to 1ml twice a day soon.

Greg, have you seen any improvements in your crown area/regrowth? I know you'd ostensibly lost most of the hair on your crown before starting on lasercomb but in any event you may have had some results...

Thanks in advance guys.

Def

viperfish

Reaction score
I am thinning in the back and basically a diffuse thinner. My hair, in general, is thin all over. I see that your on minoxidil and propecia. That is great. The lasercomb should help with the cosmetic appearance of your hair. It should help your hair become fuller and thicker with time. All I can say is that it will not hurt and probably make your hair look and feel better.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I really want to know if The LaserComb can help maintain hair .... because It would suck if i started to use it , saw my hair thickening and thinking that i finally have hairloss under control... and then it turns out to only be cosmetic and my hairloss keeps progressing. just dont dont want to get my hopes up i guess and i want these damn trials to be overwith!! ha

but it will help if people keep posting their results .. hopefully we will get some positive ones!

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Def, thanks for your question. Have I been able to get all of my hair back in the crown area with use of the LC, no. Have I regrown some hair in the crown area, yes. The growth is noticable as several family and close friends and my barber have pointed it out to me. Yea, I know, I stated it that way. Really, I'm very picky about my hair even though I've seen some good results with the LC but it has been others that have brought my attention to it:) It's a weak analogy but I'll make it for the sake of an illustration. Those who suffer from Anorexia still feel that they are overweight even though the reverse is true. I dare say that allot of us who are challenged by hairloss experience a similar thing. We are actually regrowing or maintaining our hair with our particular hariloss treatment but because we've grown to see ourselves as balding, we think that we still are. I don't know but there does appear to be a parralel here, by analogy only, between Anorexics and MPBs.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Just as a side-note, I'd like to say that I think that both Greg1 and viperfish seem to be giving genuine unbiased opinions on the lasercomb. Although some of us are still not convinced that the lasercomb does regrow hair, you two are definitely the closest thing we have to finding out how well it DOES work.

Keep us informed!

Jay