L-Threonate can prevent DHT from upregulating DKK1

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21034532

[h=1]Preventable effect of L-threonate, an ascorbate metabolite, on androgen-driven balding via repression of dihydrotestosterone-induced dickkopf-1 expression in human hair dermal papilla cells.[/h]
Kwack MH, Ahn JS, Kim MK, Kim JC, Sung YK.
[h=3]Source[/h]Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 700-422, Korea. ysung@knu.ac.kr

[h=3]Abstract[/h]In a previous study, we recently claimed that dihydrotestosterone (DHT)-inducible dickkopf-1 (DKK-1) expression is one of the key factors involved in androgen-potentiated balding. We also demonstrated that L-ascorbic acid 2-phosphate (Asc 2-P) represses DHT-induced DKK-1 expression in cultured dermal papilla cells (DPCs). Here, we investigated whether or not L-threonate could attenuate DHT-induced DKK-1 expression. We observed via RT-PCR analysis and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay that DHT-induced DKK-1 expression was attenuated in the presence of L-threonate. We also found that DHT-induced activation of DKK-1 promoter activity was significantly repressed by L-threonate. Moreover, a co-culture system featuring outer root sheath (ORS) keratinocytes and DPCs showed that DHT inhibited the growth of ORS cells, which was then significantly reversed by L-threonate. Collectively, these results indicate that L-threonate inhibited DKK-1 expression in DPCs and therefore is a good treatment for the prevention of androgen-driven balding.

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
I've seen Magnesium-L-Threonate and Calcium-L-Threonate
Now, Magnesium-L-Threonate is not the same as Magnesium + L-Threonate, not sure if it would supply any L-Threonate

Btw, the study mentions "
L-ascorbic acid 2-phosphate
" -- the kind you find in the Ester-C brand vitamin C, I think...

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you drgs,
I know that it is different magnesium-L_threonate of Magnesium + L-Threonate

the same with the ascorbic acid ...

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/63580-l-threonate-for-neurogenesis-alzheimers-hair-loss-osteoarthritis/[/FONT]