Krazy-jan's update to my story

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazy-j

Reaction score
Hi everyone, when you add to your story, please add to the existing topic containing your original story :) This will help keep this particular forum clean and tidy for the many who browse it. And it looks like (going by the number of "reads") a bunch of people are reading them!

i was at the ob/gyn on thursday and after talking to her for awhile and then she went and talked to a doctor in the office they both came to the conclusion that my hair loss may be attributed to an auto-immune disorder. i was to taken aback.

i go to ann arbor this tuesday to see someone who is highly professional and in a bigger city where there might be more options. so hopefully everything goes well. my ob/gyn says that they will probably come up with the same conclusion. :cry:

i hope this does not mean that my hair may never come back. :cry: :cry: i could not take that.

krazy-j

mayalopecia

Reaction score
Hi Krazy-j,

I am curious, from your earlier posts, I assumed you had alopecia areata, which is an auto-immune disorder that affects hair but not much else. There are various treatments, though I am not terribly familiar with any of them, since I have androgenetic alopecia.

I hope your docs can figure out what is going on with you. There are several other auto-immune disorders that cause hair loss, such as lupus and Hashimoto's disease. I really hope that it's not either of those, as they have systemic symptoms besides hair loss and are much harder to treat.

Sending you good thoughts and wishes for a positive prognosis.

-maya

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hi everyone, when you add to your story, please add to the existing topic containing your original story :) This will help keep this particular forum clean and tidy for the many who browse it. And it looks like (going by the number of "reads") a bunch of people are reading them!

krazy if you could reply to maya in your original topic here
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... php?t=5502

that would be great. Sorry for the inconvenience! I'll leave this topic here for future posters. :)

HairLossTalk.com

Status
Not open for further replies.