Ketoconazole Shampoo And Where To Buy It?

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been looking like crazy for a good ketoconazole shampoo for hair loss.

Nizoral is too harsh and dries up my scalp, I can only use 1x week.

Revita has great reviews but it seems that it no longer contains keto.

Any other tips? Thanks in advance!

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regenepure DR is a good one. It is much less harsh than Nizoral. It contains 1% ketoconazole, and also has several other ingredients which are thought to help with hair loss too, such as caffeine. It doesn't contain any sulphates, parabens, or other harsh ingredients. You should be able to get it on Ebay and Amazon, or on Regenepure's own website.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

jazz1

Reaction score
The best ones are these below.....

Regenepure DR
Lipogaine BIG3
Revita
Nizoral

tojetsetter

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends where you are. In Canada you can get it at most drug stores (like the big ones like Shoppers Drug Mart). I know it's a bit harder find in the US and the EU.

zero0x

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got Regenpure DR directly from their website + no tax. Else Amazon + tax.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is using regenepure dr once a week optimal? I have it and like this shampoo I just don't know if I'm using it enough weekly.

subsidence82

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regenepure DR is a good one. It is much less harsh than Nizoral. It contains 1% ketoconazole, and also has several other ingredients which are thought to help with hair loss too, such as caffeine. It doesn't contain any sulphates, parabens, or other harsh ingredients. You should be able to get it on Ebay and Amazon, or on Regenepure's own website.
My experience with Regenepure DR was terrible. Partially my fault for not researching ketoconazole shampoos. Didn’t know you shouldn’t use it everyday.
I washed my hair 3 times in a row Monday - Wednesday. By Thursday my scalp was in trouble, very red with slight burning sensations. By Thursday evening my hair was a greasy mess, as if my scalp was over producing natural sebum. By Friday I experienced one of the worst sheds ever. It was disturbing. I have long hair and have minor diffuse thinning on my crown. I went to my stylist on Saturday for a planned appointment and she said my scalp was red and looked like it was going through an active shed. Anyhow, my scalp has since recovered and I have regrown some of what was shed. This was back in early July.

User beware. This stuff can cause irritation of the scalp and significant sheds in some people.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think anyone really knows how often you have to apply it for decent effect. The best bet is probably to apply it as often as possible.

I think ketoconazole shampoos are in general probably quite a weak method for fighting hairloss, so you want to use them often to at least maximize the chance of some sort of effect.

"I think ketoconazole shampoos are in general probably quite a weak method for fighting hairloss" Relax. not need to think , or at least, first READ the studies and then think

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I think in the studies that showed that 2% ket shampoo slows down hairloss, people used it 2-4 times per week.
For example, you may google: Ketoconazole Shampoo: Effect of Long-Term Use in Androgenic Alopecia.
The problem is that I think the studies generally have small sample sizes I think, and also it's hard to say what they tell us about a 1% ket shampoo like Regenepure.
2 % you must use, use it every day, leave it for 20 minutes before clean it, waith 6 month , then tell me how """"""""weak"""""" it is .

letstalkabouthair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been looking like crazy for a good ketoconazole shampoo for hair loss.

Nizoral is too harsh and dries up my scalp, I can only use 1x week.

Revita has great reviews but it seems that it no longer contains keto.

Any other tips? Thanks in advance!
I had to get ketoconazlone prescribed to me. So worth it though. I suffered from dandruff almost my whole life and within 2 showers using it, i've been good since! Now I only use it once in a while.