Just read here about Xandrox..is it better than minoxidil?

diffusethinner

Reaction score
Dr. Lee certainly makes a case for Xandrox. If so, why dont I hear about it much, and where do you purchase it? HairLossTalk.com, is that something you can sell?

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
xandrox is basically a more expensive version of minoxidil with an added DHT inhibitor.

Dr. Lee sells it on his site only. It has less ppg in it which is better for the scalp and it comes with Azelaic acid which has been shown to be a proven DHT inhibitor. You can also get it with retin-a and betamethasone(anti-inflammatory) added, but Dr. Lee states these arent neccessary to get results.

I just ordered xandrox with the azelaic only from Dr. Lee long with some spironolactone since I'm considering going to a strictly topical regimen when my proscar runs out.

Dr. Lee has been very good about responding to my emails. If you check my other thread here he goes in depth about his topical treatments.

According to him, finasteride even at a 5mg/day dose only lowers DHT in the scalp around 40%. So it would seem to me that a topical inhibitor is needed for those with sensitive receptors.

cya

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
vortex72 said:
I just ordered xandrox with the azelaic only from Dr. Lee long with some spironolactone since I'm considering going to a strictly topical regimen when my proscar runs out.

You are going strictly topical? Have you had side effects from Proscar yet, or are you just trying to avoid potential side effects?

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think going strictly topical is a good idea, after all some dht murder is better than none. Dr. Lee certainly makes a good sale, I don't suppose you could ask him which topical has the least chance of causing shedding?

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
well, my proscar wont run out for at least 5 more months so this is the distant future. I really havent had but some transiet side effects so far that I cant directly attribute to finasteride(limp dick, pimples on back). These effects were transient and everything is fine now but I still feel very apprehensive about the long term ramifications of messing with my hormones.

So basically my plan is to finish this proscar and wean off the last month then go strictly topical. However, I reserve the right to change my mind about this :)

paco

Reaction score
Do you have to pay an initial $20 fee on top of the cost of the product when first ordering xandrox? or is that only for his prescriptions stuff?

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
they add 20 bucks to your first order.

I think this is a very reasonable fee in that you can correspond with Dr. Lee any time and he is very knowledgable and always promptly responds to email.