just playing a bit

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I have received some weeks ago a hairpiece that was not my color and was very thick ...it was my bad...I had to be honest instead of ordering a custom I just wanted to buy one from a guy I was talking to for a while...well yesterday my concealed hair was almost impossible to style especially at the right side where my temple is really receeded...and having some glue for hairpiece at home and that unused hairpiece I was thinking just to cut a part of it where it was a bit thinner and applied on my right corner of my hairline...this is my result: the color is a bit off, but the bond looks good and the look really natural especially in strong light...the only things that are off are the color and some unbleached knots that you could see in the pic I attached...I think this could be a great solution for those with just receding hairline. I am not so fortunate...I am thinning in front all over ...so I need to replace all that area. Anyway if this will not work for me I will shave my head. But, I am confident that this will work. also I don't feel like there's something on my head....
in another pic I ;ve drawn with red where the hairpiece is and with green where my natural hair is...

Attachments

• 2012-04-15 12.55.54.jpg
    2012-04-15 12.55.54.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 521
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    931.6 KB · Views: 589

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just another shot after a bit of blending between fake and natural hair and some hairspray...I might do the same for the left corner of the hairline....the bonding is not difficult but I need to make it better.

Attachments

• 2012-04-15 13.39.39.jpg
    2012-04-15 13.39.39.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 573

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That works great! This is definately interesting to me as i have a full head of hair aside from the poxy regions which you have circled where i have hair but it has gotten very thin and is on its last legs. Im surprised you dont see more of this, there must be tonnes of guys in my position
Thanks for posting, it looks good

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah....only if I knew about it when my top hair was super strong...now it is thin and concealed...i really think it is an option...now the big test...I am going to see my stupid friends...let's see what happens!:)) hope they will not notice anything.

antonio666

Reaction score
i would like too see more pics of the top of the head to see what it looks like ...looks very good from the pics though.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it's just a partial...so there's no need to see the whole head...as a quick update i just get back from the meeting with some of my friends...they were 5 and 2 girls...well nobody said anything...just one said to me that I got a haircut...:)) so, he might have seen something different but he couldn't tell...now I am pretty sure that wearing a hairpiece is not that bad...in fact people don't really care/notice unless it's something obvious.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've already done that...I've seen at least 15 young guys/girls around the age of 25...and nobody has noticed anything...but I am not happy now...as I have thinning on mid front of my head and it is a pain to combine concealed hair with fake hair...I better replace all of this. also the color is off and I don't like it...another aspect...it seems that in those pictures the knots are not so obvious...but in reality you can see them...but I think people is thinking that is something like dirt or dust there...I needed to "train" a bit the hair to follow the direction I wanted...but all of these problems are just because it was not a custom order and the part of hair that cut wasn't from the front ...so the hair wasn't inserted in the lace down and forward how the natural hair grows...btw...this thing looks better in sun and strong light than in places with little light...tomorrow I just want to buy a bottle of 99 isopropil alcohol just ot be sure that I can clean the glue and after that I am going to run a few kilometers alone just to see how is reacting in sweating conditions.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ok guys...I haven't run today, but I was dancing last night for a hour or so...and I sweat a little and no problem at all...I need to be honest I was thinking about it how it can deattach suddenly and makes me look embarassed by the fact, but right after this thought that crossed my mind I just went to the bathroom and slightly I tried to pull the piece from my head and it was like my own head of hair...then I go back to dancing with no worrying at all.I met lots of people and nobody said anything...even a friend of mine that was making always jokes about my thinning hair and my receding hairline.

this was just a test for me to see how people react and how can I cope with this..I can shave my head and move on as I don;t look that bad with a shaved head, but to be honest I would like to have a "hairy" look till 30 or so. this is the last pic I took today.

Attachments

• 2012-04-16 17.26.49.jpg
    2012-04-16 17.26.49.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 419

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
btw these pics make my forehead looks too big...in fact this is not the truth...anyway this is the first time in 4-5 years when I succeded to spike my right hairline up.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tonight I am going to detach and reatach but this time taking my time...I need to see how good it holds when I am sweating, because I am an active person...I use to run and play football 2-3 times a week.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no...that's a part of a piece that a I got from a guy...but it wasn't a good piece as it had 2 kind of colors in it and it was really thick...it was similar to a hat with hair...really unnatural. so I ended up cutting it in some little parts. It was my fault though because I shouldn't get a piece that it is not my color and from an unstablished reseller...anyway I have made a custom order to northwestlace and I should get it by the end of this month I guess.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
today it was my biggest test...I played soccer( football) for 1 and half hour in 17-18 degrees...I sweat a lot and I need to be honest that I was thinking about it that could fall down...but after 15 minutes that I was paranoid about it I just realised that I have nothing to worry about...so it passed the test. also the cleaning was just a breeze and took me 20 minutes to clean and reattach.waayyy less time than trying to conceal a receding hairline.also the style looks much better...till now nobody said anything even if I am not fully happy with it as the knots are not bleach...anyway if a 1 and half cm width hairpiece didn't fall in 1 and half of hour in really hard sweat conditions then there's impossible to see a full hair system that covers the entire top of the head to fall...I am not so worried about my hairloss anymore as this could be a viable solution for me. I am trying to attach a pic with my current style.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 423

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if I remember well, wasn't you the guy that when he stop taking the meds the hair started to thin quickly? are you taking the risk that the meds will always work for you and make the big step to hair transplantation?I researched a lot from hair transplantation to all kind of topical solution and meds...all these have serious implications...

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man,

Thanks alot for sharing your information, it's really inspiring. It's been a thing I've been considering since I have to get off finasteride unfortunately. I've been reading alot as well.

I have two question though.

Do you need to reattach every time you've sweated? I sport like 5 times a week and sweat alot so that would be a little annoying..

Do you have any idea how much it will cost you every month?

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you should attach the piece with strong tape such as blue lace tape or walker no shine and you will be fine. I played 2 hours of tennis , I sweat a lot, in other day I just wash my hair with the piece attached and no problem at all and bare in mind that it is just a small hairpiece.When I will get the one that cover the top I will not be paranoid about falling down as this fact will be impossible.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just an update...been wearing for a while now this small partial...nobody has a clue even the color is a bit off. today I played soccer in 30 degrees celsius temperature...guess what? no problem :)

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude how long does each piece last?

Is the look consistent or does it get worse with time?

How often do you remove it completely? (Washing etc)