jukup's Story

jukup

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I am rather new to hair loss and hence quite alarmed! I am just 24 years old, and for about a year now I have been having a very sharp scalp itch mostly at the front of my head, and a bit round the hairline, but it appears all around the top of the scalp every now and then. After a few months of this I noticed that my hair had also started falling off, especially in the areas that were itching most. I hence visited my doctor who said that it is probably a light scalp eczema. He gave me Betnovate (a scalp steroid) and Nizoral to use. Betnovate only made things worse! The itch was back with a vengence! So I stopped it.

I have been using Revivogen for a month and a half now, to stop the hair loss, and the shedding I experience is not helping me feel at ease! I am still itching even though I use Nizoral twice a week and medicinal shampoo's on every other day, and the hair loss is more pronounced in the areas of itching. When I scratch there, some very tiny but hard lumps come out, that do not look anything like dandruff. It seems that hair is not growing in the areas of itching, but since my hair has not thinned too much yet I cannot be sure. I am still losing hair at an alarming rate though(I counted about 60 hairs on my hands while shampooing the other day!!!). Attempting to use Regain was a disaster, with my scalp feeling like it was on fire from the itch it caused me!

What I would like to know is this: Is the itching part of male pattern baldness? It started first and then I noticed the hair loss. And I am losing my hair mostly in the areas of itch but also all around the front of my scalp (not exactly the hairline though). Or is there something that may cause such a constant itch and also hair loss? I have tried to see a dermatologist, but this being the UK, there is a 6 month waiting list.

Sorry about such a long posting but I am growing very desparate! I have less hair than my 60 year old father! Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance. :(

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Any males in your family with balding problems? Perhaps using T-Gel will help.. and Revivogen is for balding people! If you don't have male pattern baldness, there's no point using it..

HARRYH

Reaction score
Hi Jukup

Firstly u are not alone, we've all felt the same as u do, but the best answer is to do something about it... like u're doing!!

male pattern baldness can cause itching (inflamation), hence why the doctor told u to use Nizoral. If u're sure that it is male pattern baldness then don't wait for an appointment at Derms.

Propecia (Finsteride) is the way forward to start (1 a day tablet). Which will stop further hair loss (80% of the time). It's available online or by perscription. Less of a pain than applying Revivogen every day & more effective. Use can do both though.

If u need regrowth then add regain (minoxidil). Using Nizoral should reduce the itching/flaking it causes & your scalp may settle down after a while anyway.

Good luck.
HH
:D

Ps. Give your regimen a chance to work. 4 months is the min. Most people give it a year.

jukup

Reaction score
WOW! FAST RESPONSES!

Thanks everybody for your truely prompt replies!

I will keep my regimen going for about 4 to 6 months, and if nothing happens I will probably go a step further and try Propecia. As I previously stated, I tried Minoxidil (Regaine), and got to the point of bleeding my scalp from scratching the excessively itchy red spots it gave me!

As you can probably tell, my scalp is very irritated, and I was hoping to hear that this does not happen because of male pattern baldness, but if it is common then I will have to live with it.

I have a couple more questions to ask, if you could be kind enough to answer them. Has anybody used Revivogen with any success? It seems to be the only topical that does not cause excessive itchiness. Can the shedding that I am experiencing be from using Revivogen? If yes, then how long will this last? I have been using it for about 7 weeks now. Finally, does anyone suggest using the LaserComb? My hair is still rather ok looking, and LaserComb appears to be a good alternative to drugs and topicals, at least for maintenance.

Thank you again people! I am glad you took the time and effort to answer me! I now feel I am not alone indeed!!

Nick

Petchsky

Reaction score
I dont use revivogen myself but i think it does cause shedding as most hairloss products do. Shedding generally lasts anything from 1 - 5 weeks. As for the lasercomb.... it is FDA approved and i have heard positive stories, but generally it is expensive and people soon stop using it.

Keep using the Nizoral and condition afterwards as it leaves the hair dry.

Click on the highlighted word Shedding