JonQUsers story

jonquser

Reaction score
Hi all. Im a 33 year old male living in brooklyn new york. I have major baldness on both sides of the family and have just become concerned about my own hair loss over about the last six-nine months. I have been using Dr. Proctors shampoo for years because my dad would buy me about 6 bottles at a time and I just used it without thinking about it much but I think it may have been helping over this time.

Currently im on Propecia for just about 3 months and still use Dr. Proctors shampoo with nizoral 1% mixed in. I also take an herbal saw palmetto based supplement and a vitamin for general health.

I still have a pretty full head of hair (norwood 2) but I have noticed definite diffusion ( i think this is the term people use). Weird thing is, i dont lose hair. When i wake up there are no hairs on my pillow and I can vigorously lather my hair in the shower and at the most one or two hairs will come lose. But i can definitely notice the thinning of my hair overall. It seems to be getting worse but im hoping this is the propecia shed i hear people talking about. Any opinions are welcome.

Anyway, just saying hey and good luck to you all. Ive been lurking for a long time and have gotten a lot of good info from this site.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Sounds like your already pretty sorted. Chances are its just the propecia shed like you said. Your regimen looks good - good luck

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I and many others reported *excessive* shedding when on saw palmetto, so anytime I see "im shedding like wild, and im also using saw palmetto" i can't help but think back to the time I was on it.

Ill just toss that out there like that and let you decide. Propecia is sufficient to do the job on its own, people report wild shedding on Saw Palmetto and its not necessary if you're on Propecia. Its your decision as to whether you wish to stick with the SP and wonder, or let Propecia do its thing.

HairLossTalk.com