JayMan's success story(PICTURES added Today, 3/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

HERE ARE THE PICTURES:

NOW, here is what must be said. My hair is much shorter in these pictures than in the before pics. It's only about one-half as long, or even four-tenths as long. So comparisons to the pics below can't be perfect. I think my hair is about 1.4 inches right now all over.

When the hair gets longer to where a comb actually does something, I will comb the hair back and expose the full hairline to the best of my ability. Then I will put up a before and after pic to show how I believe the hairline has come down a bit. Until then, the pic with me holding my hair back to expose the hairline will have to do.

Proscar 1.25 mg per day- July 9th 2006-August 21st 2006
Avodart 0.5 mg per day- August 22nd 2006- present

Nizoral and Nano shampoo sporadically, not as often as recommended.

Visited my dermatologist in August. He marked me as having slight balding in the crown area and diffusion throughout the front and midscalp region, as well as the beginnings of temple recession on the hairline.

Fast forward to today. The dermatologist examined my scalp all over and confirmed what I already knew- but it never hurts to get a second opinion. My crown thinning has all but disappeared. I just have that little cowlick/vertex spot that I've had since I was a kid. The diffusion that was occurring throughout the mid-anterior region of my scalp is 99% gone. The diffusion that I had in the frontal area behind the hairline is 50-60% better than it was since starting. Now the diffusion is really only visible under bright light or flash shined directly on the area, and from certain angles.

My hairline has gone down about a quarter inch in the center since starting and the temples have come down at least a quarter inch on both sides. The right side is still higher than the left but to me and other people that I trust to give me an honest opinion, the difference is a lot less noticeable than it was before.

I still have hopes that I will get more hair back in the front in the coming months, seeing as I've only been on the drugs for 6 months, but if not, I plan to start on the Rogaine foam sometime in August. Pics will be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks if not sooner. I have to wait till I'm back at school because I forgot my digital camera over winter break and I want to take the pics in the same setting as the August pics.

One thing that I will say is that my hair looks awful when it's wet and slicked back. I'm not sure if this is common with other diffusers on here but when it's dry it looks fantastic and when it's wet it goes to sh*t. This may also be because the hair is still relatively short. It's at about 1.375 inches all over right now. It was not as visible at 2.5 inches before so hopefully it will look even better at that length when it gets there in March or so. This isn't that bad because I'm not the kind of guy to wear his hair wet and slicked back anyway.

Any questions, feel free to ask. And if you're looking for pictures of where I was before:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 73&start=0

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 31&start=0

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 90&start=0

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Well done, though the forth coming pictures will tell the real story.

It's a shame I can not get Avodart here in Australia, the doctors won't prescribe it, nor will they even prescribe Proscar even though it is, actively the same as Propecia thus I am stuck with Propecia.

Had you ever tried Propecia or did you go straight to dutasteride and why?

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow, that sounds great. Did you see any results from the proscar? I know you were only on it a short while.
Im surprised that the center of the hairline came down

G

nah not enough time on proscar to properly evaluate it. i do believe that the center of the hairline did come down a tiny bit but not as much as the temples and other stuff came in.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
congrats :)
id say its not a big surprise because dutasteride should work well in almost all cases of diffused thinning
have you noticed any difference in the sides and back?

randomwalk

Reaction score
why do you think that it works especially well with diffuse thinning? (I'm a diffuse thinner myself and am seriously considering to swith from 5mg finasteride to dutasteride)

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
randomwalk said:
why do you think that it works especially well with diffuse thinning? (I'm a diffuse thinner myself and am seriously considering to swith from 5mg finasteride to dutasteride)

because the hairloss is not so strong all over
it makes sense think about it
and ive read allready more then a few sucssess with dutasteride and diffuse thinning
anyway youll be better of with dutasteride everybody knows that all the cool people take dutasteride ,dont you wanna be cool?
8)

G

Damn, I am so jealous that you regrew your hairline even without using minoxidil. You are a lucky b**ch to be such a good responder :wink:

i can´t wait to see your pictures!

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Damn, I am so jealous that you regrew your hairline even without using minoxidil. You are a lucky b**** to be such a good responder :wink:

i can´t wait to see your pictures!
hes a lucky what?
b**ch?

G

he said b*t*h. fill in the asterisks lol

any idea why my hair looks so bad when it's wet? i'm guessing it's because i'm diffuse and the hair just clumps together in front. i just won't wet it then.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
he said b*t*h. fill in the asterisks lol
does it rhym with snitch?

JayMan said:
any idea why my hair looks so bad when it's wet? i'm guessing it's because i'm diffuse and the hair just clumps together in front. i just won't wet it then.
good guess

1PunchBob

Reaction score
Are you saying that dutasteride just helps for diffuse thinning? I have male pattern baldness and have just ordered dutasteride and was hoping for success like you Jayman

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if you organized a the pics a bit more, I'm curious to see how the dutasteride is working for you.

G

1PunchBob said:
Are you saying that dutasteride just helps for diffuse thinning? I have male pattern baldness and have just ordered dutasteride and was hoping for success like you Jayman

no it works for any male pattern baldness.

Alex27

Reaction score
questions

with all your pill popping bet your sex life is in shambles!

G

Re: questions

Alex27 said:
with all your pill popping bet your sex life is in shambles!

actually if i could find a girl to stick it into it would be fine. my sex drive is so high right now and since i got dumped i've been watching way too much p**rn. so there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.