It's Not The Hair, It's The Confidence! | Page 2 | HairLossTalk Forums

It's Not The Hair, It's The Confidence!

Discussion in 'The Impact of Hair Loss' started by WhitePolarBear, Mar 8, 2018.

1. MorningGlory

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Don’t confuse me with the shaved ape @IKickedHairsAss, I agree baldness is a cunt of a thing to deal with. I just think you have primitive and infantile views on women and human interactions generally.

2. whatevr

whatevr Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    People's view of reality is shaped by their experiences. So if someone is constantly shunned, rejected, ostracized and such, he will begin to rationalize these experiences in a way that makes sense to them, and that is to only see the cruel, hypocritical, bastard side of people because that is what he is exposed to.

I'm neither here nor there. I've been a fullhead, now I'm a NW2 and thinning, my hair status goes back and forth a lot, and I note the difference in how people treat me. I'm aware of it enough to know that lookism is very much a thing, but I don't really blame society because there's no point to it. We're not gonna change the world, ever. Best to focus on changing your scalp as much as possible and fit in. However I don't judge others whose hair status is far worse, or their worldview, because I'm perfectly aware how people can treat those who are not attractive.

3. MorningGlory

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    “not attractive”, yes. But there are thousands of full heads you wouldn’t choose to be over yourself. Some of the guys on here act as if it’s their divine right to be slaying “pussy” (the go-to term, rated by a subjective 1-10) their whole life, and would be, were it not for hairloss.

I think young men’s propensity to eschew responsibility and extend their “youth” into their 30s (computer games, living with their parents, etc.) is a much bigger obstacle to finding a woman than hairloss.

How many of the men you encounter on here seem emotionally well developed to you?

4. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    1) You sound a lot like I did when I was 19.

2) You're somebody who likes to judge people in the most mean-spirited manner possible. Given your own assumption that women care predominantly about personality, you might want to reconsider that trait that is most particular of 17 year-old boys and actually declines among more mature, wiser, and older men. There is, in fact, good value in giving people the benefit of the doubt, in listening to them and to their experiences. That goes back to the original post in this thread, where somebody posted on reddit that the world is kinder to them after hair loss, and another person said "no it's not !!!! confidence is everything !!!"

I actually know a lot of the posters here decently at this point, so I'll let you in a secret. Most are aware that the talk of 'slaying prime pussy' into their 60s is a fantasy, and it's discussed for comedic effect. We understand that it's a joke and that it's out of reach even with a cheap and side-effect free cure for hairloss.

What people want is a good relationship. And yes people want 9.5/10 women, but having spoken to people here, very few actually feel entitled to 9.5/10 women. What people want is a good woman (5-7 is usually enough), who has her own things going and is fine mentally, etc. And here's the rub: that's extremely hard to achieve with serious physical disadvantages.

I don't know of any man in their 30s who is living with his parents. Whether or not that's a barrier to meeting women is irrelevant, as that barrier describes a very small number of people. It's not a common barrier.

What I do know is that it's simply harder for men to find a partner. For example, by age ~40, men are roughly ~2x as likely as women to be childless:
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr051.pdf

You are also free to do any tinder/bumble experiment if you so wish. It is simply easier for women to find partners. People have done this. The result is known, average women get hundreds of matches. Average men get nothing. That is, average men who are not extending their youth into their 30s, who are not living with their parents, who are not spending a lot of time in video games. They get nothing. It's much harder. You know which men do get a lot of matches? Men who look hot, independently of their personality. Those are the facts. Those guys have the option of settling with a good woman and moving forward with their lives.

You have the option of showing compassion, or being understanding, of providing insight, or of simply listening. Instead, you choose to wallow in your ignorance and offer self-righteous condescension.

5. MorningGlory

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Floridly put, but I made no such assumption about women predominantly caring about personality. So what followed was mostly redundant.

I just think some of you enjoy the self-reinforcing worldview you get from each other here. With the way many come across (neurotically self-conscious, nerdy, etc.) I find it hard to believe you would have been the successes in life without hairloss you imply.

I work for a large financial institution and the analyst department is referred to as the geek section. Few have hairloss, but they’re mostly going to die virgins because they are socially awkward, often unhygienic, cretins.

6. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Your first paragraph is helpful, in that you acknowledge that you've lost the plot.

Your second paragraph is not written in proper English, so it is not at all clear what you even mean to say. It may be that your muddled communication reflects your own muddled thinking.

Your last paragraph has you shifting the goal posts. We're not discussing the impact of poor social skills or poor hygiene, we're discussing the impact of hair loss and poor aesthetics.

7. MorningGlory

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If you need the last word just ask, rather than give that fatuous response. Your presuppositions are your own. If you think my posts are irrelevant or don’t apply to you then show some discipline and ignore them.

8. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You are being a toxic, ignorant, and self-righteous troll, so don't be surprised by the pushback.

You attack people that you don't know, you indulge in a string of logical fallacies, you contradict yourself within the very same post, you can't be bothered to verify that your sentences make any sense, and you're incapable of justifying your positions.

9. MorningGlory

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I welcome a “pushback”, it’s just interesting you felt the need to do it. You obviously felt it applied to you on some level. Or perhaps you’re just being a martyr.

Sorry if I derailed a thread about hairloss affecting one’s love life. I’m sure it’s never been discussed with tortuous variation before.

10. doyle11

doyle11 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    This is embarrassing to read

11. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    My favourite component of MorningGlory's posts:

I think young men’s propensity to eschew responsibility and extend their “youth” into their 30s (computer games, living with their parents, etc.) is a much bigger obstacle to finding a woman than hairloss.

Is followed by:

I made no such assumption about women predominantly caring about personality.

Which is in turn followed by:

they’re mostly going to die virgins because they are socially awkward, often unhygienic, cretins.

Which is it? Does he say that women care more about personality (growing up, hobbies, social skills, hygiene, etc) than looks, or does he make no such assumption? It's not clear.

I'd like to remind you all of a statement that I saw written elsewhere "clear writing goes with clear thinking," or in this context, "muddled writing goes with muddled thinking." A good Indicator that an individual such as MorningGlory is confused is if they contradict themselves from one post to the next, or even within the same post.

You run from pushback, and now everybody's seen it.

You have been exposed. Barring any maturation on your part, I will not be responding to you further.

12. MorningGlory

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You are confusing actions with personality.

Writing “you have been exposed” is embarrassingly desperate. You’re definitely early 20s.

13. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    1512410558312.png

14. blackg

blackg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    What do you do when members of your own family think less of you for losing your hair?

You'd be in for a long life of solitude if you disengaged from everyone who has ever been disappointed, or even disgusted, by your hair loss.

#34 blackg, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  15. blackg

blackg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    You're confident.

WhitePolarBear and Afro_Vacancy like this.
  16. Feelsbadman

Feelsbadman Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't man. I mean, if you are balding and you are constantly brooding and look depressed, people are not going to smile at you.
    If you feel happy and are positive , people are more likely to reflect these emotions.

doyle11 likes this.
  17. buckthorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    the only reasonable post on this thread. GOOD PEOPLE REACT TO GOOD PEOPLE POSITIVELY. that's all there is to it. You want to moan and groan over which slut isn't winking at you at the bar? Just stop seeking sluts. You don't NEED women. You all are weak fucks and giving into what women want you to. controlled.

rclark likes this.
  18. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Companionship is a fundamental human need.

19. blackg

blackg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    @buckthorn seems to be in a bad place lately.

WhitePolarBear likes this.
  20. buckthorn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    yes it is... mating with superficial sluts and NEEDING women is not healthy. NEEDING anything that is uncertain and fleeting is very foolish. You should want and desire women.

MorningGlory likes this.