It's Not The Hair, It's The Confidence! | HairLossTalk Forums

It's Not The Hair, It's The Confidence!

Discussion in 'The Impact of Hair Loss' started by WhitePolarBear, Mar 8, 2018.

1. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    From reddit, a guy who had a life-changing hair transplant (going from NW5 to NW2) tells his story.

And we get that extremely common (and believed by many) cope: it's not the extra hair that makes you more attractive, it's the fact that the extra hair makes you feel more confident and that's why people respond better to you.

2018_03_08_15_53_27_I_am_a_former_bald_guy_who_had_hair_transplant_surgery._AMA_IAmA.jpg

Jesus, telling the guy that what he experiences and thinks is not truly what he experiences and thinks.

And denying the obvious. Of course it's the hair, what does confidence look like anyway? As @hellouser used to say, have you ever even heard a girl talk about a guy and say: "OMG that guy is so confident!".

It's not the confidence, it's the hair.

#1 WhitePolarBear, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Screw hair transplants, I’m getting a confidence implant!

EvilLocks, blackg, kj6723 and 7 others like this.
  3. Dontwannabeabetabob

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Literally spit out some of my Red Bull. You owe me.

4. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    2018_03_08_15_59_27_I_am_a_former_bald_guy_who_had_hair_transplant_surgery._AMA_IAmA.jpg

Are those people mass-produced?

And that guy thinks this stupid idea is his own: "they're not worth having in my life!"

Lol, textbook slybaldguys.

5. resu

resu Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've noticed the same and stated the exact same experiences here, even simple things like receptionists for example are much more caring and will pay attention to you, while buzzed head with bald spots is like being a ghost (at best).

#5 resu, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  6. DoctorHouse

DoctorHouse Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Trust me, if this guy was a loner or had no girlfriend, he would be whistling a totally different tune. It's the fact that he has a beautiful girlfriend that gives him some confidence. Once she turns on him or cheats on him, let's just see if he still has the same point of view.

7. SmoothSailing

SmoothSailing Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    "after a while I realized it's not something I can control"... so now I'm going to criticize anyone who does manage to somewhat control it.

One of my mates is getting a transplant, he made up excuses when he told all of us, he said people in work thought he looked older and it was affecting his work life. He shouldn't have to make up such stupid excuses... Guess he didn't want to hear any of us go "It's all about confidence dude, don't be a pussy".

I actually think Rooney educated a lot of my friends on hair loss. First they got to see how much of a difference it can make to your appearance, second they got to see how even a wealthy person can sometimes be hopeless with current methods.

8. swingline747

swingline747 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

I hate this process of thinking... "you dont know what your problem is, I OBVIOUSLY do". This is a guilt response. These people know its true, they know they have also done the objective act, but its simply a way to place the blame back on you instead of them.

Id say even you (can we still call you "name" or do you oppose that, I missed the active change) could tell a difference after your transplant. I will say my mentality has not changed much from less hair to more hair (never really NO hair as I caught it early) but peoples reactions to me have. I can also say the reactions of shaving my head to hair in are VERY drastic.
    People react to appearance prior to ANYTHING. Its human nature that we all draw our first impressions from our apprehensions of certain characteristics and honestly bald men do NOT have the best reputations in society.
    I will not say I went from dud to stud after my hair transplant, though honestly I need more work done but I will say there are noticeable differences in the way people (opposite sex mainly) react to and treat you.

I REALLY want to get my hairline filled in to lower it but it would be SUCH a drastic change. I also worry the density would look weird compared to the rest of my head since obviously planted hair is thinner (spaced out more) than natural. I do think I would see a major difference in female attraction again then

#8 swingline747, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  9. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The Finite Loop poster is a gaslighter .

10. CaptainForehead

CaptainForehead Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    One doesn't even need to go to something as appearance-changing as hair. I get treated differently in stores when I'm wearing a black jacket (black's my color) vs when I'm wearing a cheap looking red jacket.

11. Xander94

Xander94 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
  12. whatevr

whatevr Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Reddit can suck a massive fat cock, collectively. What a cancerous site.

13. jasonstatham

jasonstatham Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I already posted a similiar "red pill" post. They will tell you: "go to the gym and dress nice bruh" before you even start your browser, but when someone is using the new technology to have a nice hair implant you will get: "BRUH! You are not comfortable with YOURSELF! LOOK AT BALDING GINGER AUTISM RSD GURUS! HE PICKS UP 9 AND 10 ALLLL THHHEEE TAAAAAIME!"

blackg and Patrick_Bateman like this.
  14. jasonstatham

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I dated a lot in 2017. The very same year my hair is at the peak of being bad (nw3,5) I guess? Not really sure about this Norwood shit but I look bad in the mirror so why should I care. Anyway, I went out with this english chick and I felt good at that night (I went to the hairdresser and he did really well despite my thining shitty hair) and I thought I look good lol). The girl told me: "you are so confident I like that" AFTER we had sex. Women of course like confident men. But in my experience, is more valuable when you are already in some sort of relationship (fuck buddys, girlfriend etc etc). Women hate simps as boyfriends. But you wont get laid regulary from just being confident lol. If that would be the case, a stand up comedian friend of mine, that looks like an incel would drown in pussy. But guess what. He is jerking off like a king.

JohnsonDDG likes this.
  15. ManinBlack

ManinBlack Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It's hard having confidence when you are ugly/balding and you know how bad off you are. In order to get women you need to have confidence AND good looks. If you just say "Whelp I am just gonna be confident" then women will read you as being an aggressive/low inhib creep if you are balding/ugly.

16. jasonstatham

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Red Bull makes your dick limp and you lose hair bruh. Get confident. You dont need blue pill red bull.

blackg likes this.
  17. jasonstatham

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You can fake it some sort. But you cant fake being confident in a relationship (been there). Sooner or later, she will see that you struggle with something. Can be a good thing if you have a "nice" women.

ManinBlack likes this.
  18. barfacan

barfacan Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    replace reddit with humanity.

ManinBlack likes this.
  19. MorningGlory

MorningGlory Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Some of you have such a basic outlook on life. None of you are older than mid-twenties, surely? Most of you, judging by your cretinous, self-pitying posts, would have been utter saps/geeks with thick hair. Ironically, many of you actually need your baldness to Propecia up your fragile egos.

20. whatevr

whatevr Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Coming onto hair loss forums with a Holier than thou attitude. Think you're gonna tell us how to "deal with it"? You're a hypocrite for even being here.