dem

Established Member
Reaction score
Its frustrating but don't give up.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Jeff, you're worrying, man.

Take a deep breath.

It's okay. Most people tend to lose *some* hair, women included.

You're in a good situation:

You're living an active life.

You're in great shape.

You have a fruitful life.

And, your hair isn't bad.

Sure, it's a little thin. So what?

How is that going to stop you from being the man you are?

I'll tell you: That means nothing.

You're not bald. And, chances are, if you stick with Propecia, you'll keep it for a looooong time.

Thin Jim

Reaction score
I know what you mean dude. I get the feeling a lot of the time that people are looking at my hair thinking "whats up with his hairstyle it looks so weird".

Sometimes I feel like just going up to them grabbing them round the neck and saying "do you think I want my hair to look as sh*t as this, dont you get it I am loosing it and I have no choice"

Trebor

Reaction score
Yesterday I was talking with my mother about my hairloss, and I told her that I would kill a man if it meant I would not go bald. Of course she scoffed at me and said I should be greatfull and it could be worse. I asked her how it could be worse, and she simply replied that I could have lost a leg in a war or I could be blind. I told her that if I were blind my hair loss would not bother me, but...

focus:
If you were given a choice to loose an appendage for a life time of full hair, would you do it?
It would have to be either one arm or one leg.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Trebor said:
Yesterday I was talking with my mother about my hairloss, and I told her that I would kill a man if it meant I would not go bald. Of course she scoffed at me and said I should be greatfull and it could be worse. I asked her how it could be worse, and she simply replied that I could have lost a leg in a war or I could be blind. I told her that if I were blind my hair loss would not bother me, but...

focus:
If you were given a choice to loose an appendage for a life time of full hair, would you do it?

well I would want none of the above. I want both. and i'm not saying that losing a leg or arm wouldnt be worse.. but losing all your hair makes a lot of people look just as unattractive.

G

Trebor said:

focus:

Are you serious? Anyone who would give up an arm or leg for a lifetime of full hair would have to be really really crazy. I think comparing our situation to people losing limbs in Iraq is pretty awful.

Trebor

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Trebor said:

focus:

Are you serious? Anyone who would give up an arm or leg for a lifetime of full hair would have to be really really crazy. I think comparing our situation to people losing limbs in Iraq is pretty awful.

No I am not really serious Jay. It was just one of those hypothetical scenarios to ponder and maybe better understand yourself how much of a depression it is to deal with the loss of hair... for some people.

And I am definitely not trying to make a comparison.

G

Trebor said:
JayMan said:
Trebor said:

focus:

No I am not really serious Jay. It was just one of those hypothetical scenarios to ponder and maybe better understand yourself how much of a depression it is to deal with the loss of hair... for some people.

That's good to hear. I don't doubt that there are some people on here who would though. I would never sacrifice mobility and convenience for cosmeitics.

Trebor

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Trebor said:
JayMan said:
Trebor said:

focus:

That's good to hear. I don't doubt that there are some people on here who would though. I would never sacrifice mobility and convenience for cosmeitics.

Oh yeah?

What about one of your Pinkies?

G

Trebor said:
JayMan said:
Trebor said:
JayMan said:
Trebor said:

focus:

Oh yeah?

What about one of your Pinkies?

Nope. HM is just around the corner and I'd rather be a NW7 than be missing a finger. I think I'd give up a tooth for it though- one of the back ones though.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Trebor said:

focus:

I seriously think you need therapy if you're asking questions like that.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
all you guys on here joking about which body part you would be willing to give up if it meant keeping your hair, please consider this:

you may well be giving up your sex drive in order to (hopefully ) keep a full head of hair.

after all, that is certainly the short term effect for some of you and also the possible long term permanent effect of some of these snake oils.

are you all ready for that?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its a curse man, :( like a millstone round your neck is'nt it? You just can't tell people cause they'd never understand. It slowly becomes an obsession that takes over. Hang in there buddy, some of us have been hanging in there for years. One day I'll post my success story...

Spankyz2Thin

Reaction score
Welp, I've been on proscar for 3 months now and my sex drive has actually increased. That could be due to me quitting smoking cigarettes, but I know that the proscar isn't holding me back either.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's bad.

I skipped a job interview on Friday - made the mistake of going into brightly lit public toilets and saw my hair in the mirrors, and I just thought I can't...I can't go to an interview looking like this. Went out and circled the offices until it was too late, then went home and hid under the blankets.

My confidence is shot. Totally gone.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Whoa, thats bad! But when you're self consious of your appearance meeting a group of strangers is a nightmare. We understand bud. :cry: