Its f*****g 2018 And We Dont Have Anything To Stop This f*****g Minutarization

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
A) I ain't bald.
B) Combination therapy became widespread after 1997.
C) There were three major drug categories in the late 90's. There are five major categories now.
D) People would die of AIDS in the early 90's, because the drugs available back then would lead to drug-resistant strains becoming dominant and proliferating as quick as f#ck.
E) Under current treatment (HAART) seropositive individuals can live up to their eighties. On the contrary, minoxidil and finasteride's effect gradually fades away with the years. In conclusion, there is no f-ing comparison to draw here. Period.

Man up and accept your being wrong.

So you go from 3 drugs to 5? And people still die of aids today, that’s where you’re really fucked. I never said Aids btw, I said Hiv.

And once again, Magic Johnson got hit with HIV in mid 90’s and still healthy. I’d say whatever we have now isn’t too far off from what he had, just more accessible/cheaper. You balding guy you.

EricMamba99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. I also find it shocking that there is nothing that stops the minutarization. I could see bigger challenges with regrowing hair but keeping what we have would be a huge step. I am hoping RCH-01 will at least be a new treatment on the market.

I doubt there will be a full blown cure anytime soon but we could really use some new treatments.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica will stabilize the loss and regrow a small amount (maybe more) in the next few years.

The pessimists will say it's crap. Cheering for that particular HM operation isn't fun. They don't make flashy attempts to raise money. They have a policy of never releasing pics. They use "wounding" (gasp!) rather that some kind of cellular sh*t that sounds sufficiently hi-tech. They don't claim it will do anything near the Justin-Beiber-grade regrowth we want.

But the bottom line is, wounding is the only thing we know for sure is capable of regrowing balded hair at all. A very smart/capable guy is in charge at Follica. It uses existing (read: approved & affordable) tech and drugs. It has only a couple years of trials left to go. It's working. It is enough to stabilize ongoing loss and it will probably give better regrowth than minoxidil on a 5+ year comparison.

It's not the cure we want. It's not Bieber hair. It's just the biggest piece of progress that mankind has made on this battle yet.

Last edited:

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica will stabilize the loss and regrow a small amount (maybe more) in the next few years.

The pessimists will say it's crap. Cheering for that particular HM operation isn't fun. They don't make flashy attempts to raise money. They have a policy of never releasing pics. They use "wounding" (gasp!) rather that some kind of cellular sh*t that sounds sufficiently hi-tech. They don't claim it will do anything near the Justin-Beiber-grade regrowth we want.

But the bottom line is, wounding is the only thing we know for sure is capable of regrowing balded hair at all. A very smart/capable guy is in charge at Follica. It uses existing (read: approved & affordable) tech and drugs. It has only a couple years of trials left to go. It's working. It is enough to stabilize ongoing loss and it will probably give better regrowth than minoxidil on a 5+ year comparison.

It's not the cure we want. It's not Bieber hair. It's just the biggest piece of progress that mankind has made on this battle yet.

f***, so no other effective treatments for the next few years?

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. I also find it shocking that there is nothing that stops the minutarization. I could see bigger challenges with regrowing hair but keeping what we have would be a huge step. I am hoping RCH-01 will at least be a new treatment on the market.

I doubt there will be a full blown cure anytime soon but we could really use some new treatments.

When is RCH-01 going to be commercially available?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f***, so no other effective treatments for the next few years?

Define "next few years."

If we're talking, say, 6+ years, and including stuff released anywhere in the world? Yes, then there is reason to hope for more/better stuff.

But if we're talking 2-3 years in "safe" countries then my money is on Follica, and Follica only.

Just my opinion. There is lots of stuff being worked on . . . but that is always true. The question is when will any of see the commercial market.

Guys on baldness forums love to add up the raw time that clinical trials for something will require, and then start hoping it will come to market that fast. That's not real life. In real life researchers will get done with a trial and then it might be another 6 months before they even finish "processing the data." Then it will be another 6 or 12 months of "enrolling" and "gearing up" before the next trial actually starts. Etc.

Last edited:

EricMamba99

My Regimen
Reaction score
When is RCH-01 going to be commercially available?

I am not sure but last I heard their latest trial was suppossed to be completed by March 2018 (end of Q1). The plan was to launch it commercially by the end of 2018 provided the trials showed satisfactory results.

I have not heard any news, but I think RCH-01 is the only treatment that could potentially be released this year.

Reactions: br1

EricMamba99

My Regimen
Reaction score

I know this might not be exciting to the NW6-7's out there but simply maintaining hair would be an absolute game changer. It would make a hair transplant a viable option for a large percentage of guys and make life much easier for future generations.

I really don't know enough about Follica to make a judgement but I sure hope you are right.

Rooftop93

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a member of baldness forums and websites since 1999/2000 period. So close to 20 years ago. And nothing has changed. Lots of trending topics with great incoming solutions.... but you wait 2, 5, 8, 10 years... and still no results... or need of new studies,... and everybody forgot this solution because new potential solutions are promising... and so on and so on.... Same sh*t over and over again

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since baldness is considered cosmetic & hence for last 20 years we are struck with the BIG 3. 20% don’t respond to finasteride and only 30% respond to minoxidil(thats what i’ve heard). Nizoral is very subjective.

Now we have brotzu & RCH-01 lined up, i’m scared that it won’t be any different than the above mentioned but improved version for sure.

I’m turning 24, and at my prime age this sh*t has started. How the hell i’m supposed to wait for +5 years & that too without any surety?

Only advancement in hairsystem looks most viable option.

Please launch everything asap.

Last edited:

Rooftop93

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since baldness is considered cosmetic & hence for last 20 years are struck with the BIG 3. 20% don’t respond to finasteride and only 30% respond to minoxidil(thats what i’ve heard). Nizoral is very subjective.

Now we have brotzu & RCH-01 lined up, i’m scared that it won’t be any different than above but improved for sure.

I’m turning 24, and at my prime age this sh*t has started. How the hell i’m supposed to wait for +5 years maybe & that too without surety?

Yeap, I think "safety" is the other problem. Even if a product is launched within the next 3 years.... What about the mid/long term side effects? Like cancer etc.. The best solution could be to have a hairsystem stuck to the scalp that you don't have to wash every 3 weeks , or something like that.

mercail

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since baldness is considered cosmetic & hence for last 20 years we are struck with the BIG 3. 20% don’t respond to finasteride and only 30% respond to minoxidil(thats what i’ve heard). Nizoral is very subjective.

Now we have brotzu & RCH-01 lined up, i’m scared that it won’t be any different than the above mentioned but improved version for sure.

I’m turning 24, and at my prime age this sh*t has started. How the hell i’m supposed to wait for +5 years & that too without any surety?

What's this Hairsystem you're talking about? I've heard a couple mentions of it

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In 2008, 10 years ago, there were posters saying "It's 2008 and we still have nothing better than Big 3."

10 years in the future and people still say the same thing.

I just wonder if 10 years from now, 2028, people will be saying the same thing.

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No; Follica will be available within five years. That being said:

If I were a guy in my early - mid 20's and significantly bald (NW4<), I'd wear a piece, no question. Your 20's are very important in a lot of different ways, and they will be very different bald. It seems as if wigs have come a long way, and even if Follica pans out, it's going to be several years before you can get it done. The five years between 22 and 27 cannot be recaptured.

Your mid 20’s is your prime years, that’s when you’re most active. Hair piece at those age is just bad, unless you’re a hermit or overly obese with no social activities. Best thing to do is get in great shape and shave your head. Shaved heads are more accepted when you have a youthful appearance vs older/professional look.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We've had something since the 90's that can stop miniaturization. It's called finasteride. Unfortunately it didn't work for me, but it seems to be effective for the majority of people.

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We've had something since the 90's that can stop miniaturization. It's called finasteride. Unfortunately it didn't work for me, but it seems to be effective for the majority of people.

Certainly depends on what qualifies as being satisfactorily 'effective'.