Its f*****g 2018 And We Dont Have Anything To Stop This f*****g Minutarization

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Xander94, you should not be mad at doctors. It's the lawyers who are to blame. If you could never sue a doctor if the treatment goes wrong(bad side effects) and gives you cancer or does not work, we would have alot of treatments available by now. Look what happened to Dr Kevorkian.

What happened to him? He actually got sued?

That's the guy that put terminal ill people to death?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If xi jinping(president of China) has androgenetic alopecia or one of his family does and he wants the cure, we probably had cure already. There government do whatever they want, imagine they erase all the obstacles laws to cure balldness(such as phase 1,2,3).

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People are gonna destroy me for saying this, but it's how I genuinely feel. Dermatologists & scientists aren't working hard to find a cure for hair loss because first and foremost, it's strictly a cosmetic issue that doesn't have any adverse health effects. That one I think most people can agree with. However, I'd go one step further and say that it's also because these days, "just shave it bro!™" is considered an "acceptable" way to fight hair loss (AKA throwing in the white towel). This is what every retard with a full head of hair says to someone who's balding, "oh durr well just shave it! It looks so much better than a combover durrrrrrrrrrrrr." Unfortunately this is a sentiment shared by most people who are either balding or are bald themselves and want to bring you down to their levels of unattractiveness. So that's for men. I 100% believe that if androgenic alopecia was as common in women as it is in men, there would have probably been a cure for hair loss found 5 years ago since "just shave it breh! XD" isn't remotely acceptable for women (as if it is for men, for that matter). Men are expected to move on, and most hair loss sufferers are men, therefore zero priority is given to research for a hair loss cure.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People are gonna destroy me for saying this, but it's how I genuinely feel. Dermatologists & scientists aren't working hard to find a cure for hair loss because first and foremost, it's strictly a cosmetic issue that doesn't have any adverse health effects. That one I think most people can agree with. However, I'd go one step further and say that it's also because these days, "just shave it bro!™" is considered an "acceptable" way to fight hair loss (AKA throwing in the white towel). This is what every retard with a full head of hair says to someone who's balding, "oh durr well just shave it! It looks so much better than a combover durrrrrrrrrrrrr." Unfortunately this is a sentiment shared by most people who are either balding or are bald themselves and want to bring you down to their levels of unattractiveness. So that's for men. I 100% believe that if androgenic alopecia was as common in women as it is in men, there would have probably been a cure for hair loss found 5 years ago since "just shave it breh! XD" isn't remotely acceptable for women (as if it is for men, for that matter). Men are expected to move on, and most hair loss sufferers are men, therefore zero priority is given to research for a hair loss cure.
Hmm you underestimate the greed of these companies to earn $$, if they come up with a baldness "cure" or a better treatment, as well all expect it will make them filthy rich, sh*t maybe even one of the richest in the world since Baldness covers a large demographic of the population

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
*Citation needed.

Generally speaking, whenever people think there is going to be less competition in any given field, they flock to it thinking they're the early bird.

But that's clearly not the case with hair research.

If anything, most doctors who research this stuff specifically are probably held in low esteem by their peers in other fields. As far as I'm aware, there are like...maybe a dozen doctors/teams putting serious effort into this.

Why did you return after your dramatic, attention seeking departure?

Arnold1986

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously these f*****g dermatologists are the most useless doctors ever.

Why cant somebody go to f*****g china do some tests on some monkey-rat hybrids and develop some shitty lotion that will atleast let us keep our CURRENT hair

Something we should've had 10 f*****g years ago.
I love this guy !!!this made me laugh so hard - I totally agree though!!!

abcdefg

Reaction score
Hmm you underestimate the greed of these companies to earn $$, if they come up with a baldness "cure" or a better treatment, as well all expect it will make them filthy rich, sh*t maybe even one of the richest in the world since Baldness covers a large demographic of the population
male pattern baldness is a complicated problem involving many relationships. Medicine is terrible at unraveling large problems like this which is why male pattern baldness isnt cure yet because no one knows how. My only issue is we have had propecia/dutasteride for what 30 years now? We obviously have piles of proof the critical nature of androgens. Why dont we have any safer way to do this or even any more knowledge of why androgens cause male pattern baldness?
Its like nothing really improved in 30 years. Why do we still have to take finasteride? It hasnt been reformulated, changed or improved in 30 years?

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
male pattern baldness is a complicated problem involving many relationships. Medicine is terrible at unraveling large problems like this which is why male pattern baldness isnt cure yet because no one knows how. My only issue is we have had propecia/dutasteride for what 30 years now? We obviously have piles of proof the critical nature of androgens. Why dont we have any safer way to do this or even any more knowledge of why androgens cause male pattern baldness?
Its like nothing really improved in 30 years. Why do we still have to take finasteride? It hasnt been reformulated, changed or improved in 30 years?

Tbf, I did criticise the negative and cynical criticism of some posters here. However, this is something i was pondering recently.

There are by now many case studies of balding male to female transexuals regrowing full heads of hair by androgen blockers/estrogen combos. It seems so simple of an idea to take biopsies at differing intervals from a consenting volunteer undertaking a transition to track changes in gene expression in hair follicles as well as inflammatory markers in the skin, from minitiuarised to healthy. In this way you could work out how exactly androgens affect male pattern baldness follicles in a reverse manner. To my knowledge, there has never been a study of this type ever performed before. Im a few years off being able to conduct this kind of study, but id love to be able to carry it out one day.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score

There's more money in banking and finance. They've sucked the best of the brains into those fields over the last 30 years. It's more lucrative to come up with math formulas on how to drain stock markets of money and make it a computer algorithm.And with profit margins of up to 1000 percent, creating new weapons and devices to commit mass murder get all the tax breaks and the rest of the talent thrown at those endeavors. We are still in the predatory phase of human development and may or may not make it to the next level. As Spock would have said, destroying your planet to pursue illusory wealth is highly illogical. It's who we are at the moment not what we are capable of.

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Bcs we are not as advanced as we say we are. It’s sad that the most technological breakthrough in the past 20yrs is a smart phone.

Hiv, cancer, and bald treatments hasn’t changed in the past 20-30 years.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bcs we are not as advanced as we say we are. It’s sad that the most technological breakthrough in the past 20yrs is a smart phone.

This is a very uninformed albeit understandable position.

Sir, the semiconductor industry has progressed exponentially since the late 60s, and it is only in recent times that we have smartphones.

Such marvelous progress would not have occured if silicon and silicon nitride, carbide and especially oxide didn't exist/were abundant/had favorable and interesting properties. But remarkably, as we discovered in the mid-1950s, such a convenient material system really did exist.

The transistor, the fundamental building block of modern day computing, was patented (more specifically a version of a field effect transistor) in the 1920s but it was not realizable in a defect-free, cost effective, scalable manner because the appropriate materials were lacking.

It isn't a surprise that a common lighthearted sentiment in the industry is that silicon was God's gift to mankind.

So yeah in summary, breakthroughs accelerate progress in any given field and that progress in NO WAY has to be linear, nor does it have to be monotonic. There is no guarantee that computers will improve at the same exponential pace forever, but at the same time, the luck we have in this field spills over to bolster our scientific and technological capabilities in a myriad of other fields, so perhaps a general exponential trend in improvement will continue for the forseeable future. In other words, the progress can even feed on itself: faster computers -> better simulation/computation/automation -> better science, manufacturing and design -> faster computers, etc. But the bottom line is thank goodness for silicon for getting the ball rolling so fast.

I'm sorry that the fields you care about haven't had such momumentous breakthroughs to enable scalable, high performance, low cost products, but it really is the luck of the draw in that sense.

Last edited:

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
HIV and cancer treatments haven't changed in the past 20-30 years?
Stop spreading lies, pal.

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
HIV and cancer treatments haven't changed in the past 20-30 years?
Stop spreading lies, pal.

No, it hasn’t really changed just more affordable.

People doing things now with hiv that Magic Johnson has been doing in the mid 90’s lmao. Taking 1 less tablet a day is a breakthrough for hiv? That’s like getting two new hair from Italian scalp lotion.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it hasn’t really changed just more affordable.

People doing things now with hiv that Magic Johnson has been doing in the mid 90’s lmao. Taking 1 less tablet a day is a breakthrough for hiv? That’s like getting two new hair from Italian scalp lotion.
What?????

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember reading about propecia like 15 years ago on hair loss forums, and propecia was basically the go to treatment. My hair loss was very slow and gradual so I thought well ill wait and in another 5 years or so they might improve on propecia or have something better.
Here we are 15-20 years later and its exactly the same. Nothing is different, and lately im really debating starting the propecia I always avoided because I Honestly think nothing better will come out anytime soon enough for me.
Propecia is the closest anyone has come to stopping hair loss from progressing. Is it too much to ask to simply keep the hair I have right now? IM m not even asking to regrow any just literally keep the hair that is on my head right now that simplest its ever going to get. The process of miniaturization, and stopping it.

Unfortunately it's still the go-to treatment.

People fantasize about other treatments being available in the future, but as of right now finasteride and minoxidil are still the go to treatments.

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What?????

What’s so hard to understand my bald friend? So tell me, what’s so different now with hiv treatment than in the mid 90’s outside of cost and smaller doses of meds?

Today we can get hiv levels low if caught early and daily medications for life. Wasn’t this done in the early 90’s? Only logical step forward from this is a full out cure which still does not exist.

Controlling hiv levels with meds is like taking finastride once you’re bald. You’re still fucked. Removal of hiv is equivalent to complete baldness cure, which as of 2018 does not exist.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s so hard to understand my bald friend? So tell me, what’s so different now with hiv treatment than in the mid 90’s outside of cost and smaller doses of meds?

Today we can get hiv levels low if caught early and daily medications for life. Wasn’t this done in the early 90’s? Only logical step forward from this is a full out cure which still does not exist.

Controlling hiv levels with meds is like taking finastride once you’re bald. You’re still fucked. Removal of hiv is equivalent to complete baldness cure, which as of 2018 does not exist.
A) I ain't bald.
B) Combination therapy became widespread after 1997.
C) There were three major drug categories in the late 90's. There are five major categories now.
D) People would die of AIDS in the early 90's, because the drugs available back then would lead to drug-resistant strains becoming dominant and proliferating as quick as f#ck.
E) Under current treatment (HAART) seropositive individuals can live up to their eighties. On the contrary, minoxidil and finasteride's effect gradually fades away with the years. In conclusion, there is no f-ing comparison to draw here. Period.

Man up and accept your being wrong.