Itchiness - Scalp and all over! What Doctor to see?

i_hate_my_hair

Reaction score
I itch all over! My skin feels very dry even though it isn't, except on my scalp where I do notice alot of dry skin flaking off. This seems to have started with my hair loss but due being on various medications for depression that I thought could casue the problem, and constantly hearing the "stress causes every problem" excuse from countless doctors who don't know what else to say its been hard for me to separate it from other problems. I assumed it could be medication related or would just eventually go away. Well its been like 3 years now and its not changing. I don't see any kind of rash or anything. My skin does seem to get red with even the slightest pressure - i'm sitting here in shorts and my arm is resting on my right leg. If I pull up the shorts on that side I can see red indentations where every fold in the fabric was?!?

It seems like ever since my hairloss started my skin become like this. I hate to say it, but it seems to be worse in areas where I have hair, even if its just very fine hair - legs, arms, shoulders, back of neck.

I had a TERRIBLE time with dermatologists when I was trying to figure out what was going on with my hair loss - most wouldn't ackowledge that I was losing any hair. Well now that fact is fuckin obvious. How can I see a doctor about this without the same sort of clueless medical profession run-around??? Do I see a dermatologist?? Its SKIN! but I suspect with nothing to look at they'll send me on my way. Could this be an allergy? HELP, how do I approach this??????? :(