It Still Hurts

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Lately, I've been getting the comments and gestures...

I waltzed into an expensive clothing outlet in downtown, asked the salesmen for the best cologne.

He looked at my hairline, winced, and said, "Alright... here we go," and handed it to me without even looking back... my cue to leave.

Also, I've gotten the GREAT comment from the girls, "Doesn't it bother you? Your hair?" -- referring to my temples.

In any case, here are my receded hairline pics...

It's been getting a bit worse lately.

I think I've finally graduated into the Norwood 2.5 To be completely honest with you guys, I'm a bit lucky because my temples don't show the recession as much... Truth be told, the VERY miniaturized hairs there help to conceal the temples, although they are DEEP and starting to form the peninsula...

hairline2333.jpg

The top and crown have thickened up well.

The good news is that I'm not depressed about my hair so much...

just a bit sad, sometimes, that my glory days of being with more attractive women are dying.

Forgive me that my writing isn't as discernible or detailed... I'm not under the influence-- that's when my best thoughts are collected.

G

that is really puzzling that your temples are still receding while you're on Avodart. really puzzling and depressing. what's your family history look like? it's surprising that the temple recession like that is happening that early while you are on avodart.

maybe there is some validity to that 104% testosterone increase on avodart causing frontal recession in some after all. i dont know.

my sympathies man but you are an attractive guy with or without hair. and girls are b****s. they wouldn't like it if you asked them if it bothers them why they are overweight. but somehow they think it's okay for them to ask you if your hair loss bothers you. just very insensitive.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
You seem to style your hair away from your temples. Maybe it's just for the purpose of these photos but if you pushed it forward a little you'd look like a Norwood 1.

TheGlamorous

Established Member
Reaction score
Hrm my hairline is like that except a little worse. I style it appropriately though so yeah.

G

i typically comb my hair forward with hair that length. the only downside of that is it pulls hair away from my crown. but aplunk doesn't have a thin crown so he should be able to comb it forward without worrying about how the back looks.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think your hair looks fine, much better than mine ever will. You are still only nw2 and the coverage looks thick enough. Luckily you've got on the meds so things wont progress as nature intended.
I dont think that most people would notice you as balding unless they were concentrating specificly on your hair.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk, you can only assume what the salesman is thinking...maybee he just has terrets or something.

You hair looks good man, er no homo. A Norwood 2 does not register in most chicks minds as baldness. Don't let some dippy broad get your goat. Its making a mountain out of a molehill.

So what, no more boyish hairline.
Just say, " thats right, nope it don't bother me . Because I 'm a godamn man".

s.a.f

Reaction score
A Norwood 2 looks more masculine than a nw1 in most cases. Anyway plenty of people receed to nw2 at your age. It does'nt mean that they are going bald its just on of those maturing into an adult things. Unless your temples start to receed or your crown thins I would'nt worry too much.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1----i don't even see you as balding. just a mature manly look. i would kill to have your hair at any age. i doubt that any chics see you as balding either. and dude, your getting hot chics days are far from over. i think you need to find a different forum because your hair is making us really bald guys jealous! LOL....

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Maybe I need to get some better pics that show the thinning more...

Really guys, I can see and feel the peninsula starting to form...

My older brother is a Norwood 4, with an almost completely BALD scalp... I mean, there's nothing there except sticky, bad hair. Of course, he was born with thin/fine hair, and I was born with thick, curly, and wavy. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Anyway, look at the pic on the far right.

That's a pretty shitty hairline to strut for a 21-year-old, no?

G

that may be as bald as you get though. guys 20-30 get the mature hairline at different stages.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
The weather must have something to do with hair depression. Aplunk and Jayman have surfaced concerns in the past couple days...unusual coming from both of you.

Guys, don't make me send CCS over with his screwdriver.

G

i wasnt depressed cause of the weather.i was depressed because i thought i was diffusing to a norwood 6. ive always been touchy about my hair. but this threa dis about aplunk and his situation.

Ramboner

Reaction score
salesmen don't discreminate people with hairloss. Don't give yourself so much importance. They want to make commission and that being said, even if you have ooze coming out of your face ,as I imagine some rich people do, as long as you got a fat wallet, you'll get your mcmuffins sunny side up. Wait what was i talking about again?

RAMBONER

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with what other people say, simply style it forward.

i have slight recession at the temples, but when i comb my hair forward, you can't tell.

i know you probably don't want to have anything like a combover, but it isn't. it's simply styling your hair in a different way.

if your hair is (as you say), thick at the top, grow it longer. messier or something.

up to you, those are only cosmetic options for concealing hair loss.

only other option is to wait for hm and get it done at temples.

for now, try to look past it.

i know that sometimes, i get the feeling people are looking at my hair, and i wonder "why the f***?" because in the mirror, i see nothing wrong with my hair if i style it properly.

maybe they just dont' like your hairstyle (the salesman). i mean, what's wrong with somebody who is bald asking for cologne? nothing, heaps of bald men want to look and smell good. if he winces at every single one, chances are, he'll go bald from wincing.

anyway, keep your chin up.

bubka

Reaction score
Skaff said:
You seem to style your hair away from your temples. Maybe it's just for the purpose of these photos but if you pushed it forward a little you'd look like a Norwood 1.
yeah, do the comb down on the temples, with the up on the center... right now it is as if you are accentuating them

powersam

Reaction score
a shorter hair cut and as others have mentioned a little bit of forward styling and that would be basically hidden.