Is your scalp slightly pink?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I am just wondering if its normal to have a slightly pink scalp. I don't have any scaly skin or itchiness. No dandruff or flakiness. I notice if I spread my hair apart in various areas of my scalp I see a slight pink color. I do not spend any time out in the sun so its not from the sun. The past 4 or 5 months I switched to Spectral DNC that has retinol in it plus I use Proxiphen which has a small amount of retin-a and I use hairchi which has a small amount of retinyl palmitate. I am wondering if this is causing my scalp to be pink or not. My hair has definitely diffusely thinned out even more over the past few months. Can everyone please check there scalps and see if you see any light pink color to it? Please report back on this thread if do your do not have a slightly pink scalp. Bryan or any other experts, is it possible to have a slight dermatitis without any symptoms?

chriso29

Reaction score
HI im thinning ,no bald spots just general bad quality hair ,very thin it used to be thick,when im in certain lights and i see my scalp it is slightly pinkinsh,anyway hope this helps.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback chriso. I was hoping more people would let me know but I guess this thread was too boring for anyone to respond........................................... :whistle: Maybe if Uncomfortable Man or Hoppi posts on this thread I may get more hits......................... :whistle: Anyway I stopped the hairchi, stopped the Spectral and I think my scalp might be looking better now. I guess retinoids can irritate the scalp in a negative way for some people.

Obsidian

Reaction score
When I don't wash my hair it is. Didn't you also say you were using Retin-A? Maybe that is causing your pink scalp.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Hi! :)

Yeah maybe it was reacting to something. Mine is quite pale I think, white-ish.

I check my hair and scalp SO regularly it's just unreal lol - not a single hair can sprout or shed without me noticing! hehe

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
When I don't wash my hair it is. Didn't you also say you were using Retin-A? Maybe that is causing your pink scalp.
I was never using Retin-A by itself. Proxiphen has a slight amount of it but it never bothered me. I know now it was the combination of different topicals that had retinoids in it because I looked tonight and my scalp is not as pink anymore. And my hair is looking better. I think I gave myself a dermatitis for the past 6 months and did not notice it until I started shedding everyday more than usual. For me sheds never reach over the average normal amount of 50 to 100 hairs per day. I am still in that range but I noticed my hair was losing ground more in the same pattern as my topicals and discovered that my scalp was inflamed slightly with pink patches all over but I really had no itching or flaking. I hope now that I got the inflammation down, my hair will get thicker again.

Thanks Hoppi for your input.