Is this true?

Mr Wabbit

Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions, but here goes

1) I was just reading this and i was wondering what you all throught due to i get "scalp inflammation" well dry flaky skin where i have applied my minoxidil. Do you think the minoxidil could be causing my other hair to stop growing due to the flaking of the skin cus iv only noticed my hair get worse since starting using it, but then i have only been on it 3 months.....

http://www.hairsite.com/late-scalpinflammation.htm

2) How long did you all use minoxidil before you seen results?

Thanks again

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mr Wabbit said:
Sorry for all the questions, but here goes

1) I was just reading this and i was wondering what you all throught due to i get "scalp inflammation" well dry flaky skin where i have applied my minoxidil. Do you think the minoxidil could be causing my other hair to stop growing due to the flaking of the skin cus iv only noticed my hair get worse since starting using it, but then i have only been on it 3 months.....

http://www.hairsite.com/late-scalpinflammation.htm

2) How long did you all use minoxidil before you seen results?

Thanks again

1. You should definitely try to find something to reduce the irritation... for me, it was a combo of hand lotion w/aloe, conditioner, and olive oil. I would imagine scalp health definitely has some importance in growing hair. Although, I also experienced a lot of irritation, and had *absolutely no problem* growing hair. The first 4-5 months were the hardest for me though, until my head finally adapted to minoxidil. Now at six months on minoxidil, I experience very little itching, inflammation, or irritation.

2. I would say, for me, on minoxidil the results were almost immediate. Three weeks into treatment, I notice little hairs along my hairline, one place where finasteride wasn't able to grow hair. Six months later, and those hairs are now really thick and long. My hairline is actually now thicker and fuller than it was in my early twenties. Just remember though, everyone is different, and can possibly experience different results too.

Good luck.