is this a sign its working, wierd

hulltras

Reaction score
shedding; basically shedding a lot after 2 months on propecia. prior i only shed a little at the temples. however since taking on propecia i am shedding all over (including backs and sides, like next to my ears.) There is a cosmetic effect now. does this increase in shedding and coupled with the fact that i am shedding all over now a sign propecia is working? i presume so. in which case is it likely the new cycle will be good growth or will i perhaps never return to previous shed levels?

thank-you.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't want to alarm you, but I want to post some of my thoughts.

I honestly wish I knew. There appears to be no consensus among the medical community. In fact, most doctors do not seem to be aware of shedding following finasteride adminsitration.

I see many people on here encouraging others to stick with it, though. I have also read reports of people having hair grow back after stopping finasteride. I have not seen a shedder come back and say, "I stuck with finasteride, and the hair grew back." But I haven't read every post.

You just can't predict, and you probably won't know for certain until your 8th to 12th month. finasteride should not be triggering the shedding we are reading about on this board.

I have been trying to devote my energies toward reading the literature, but I can barely concentrate anymore. I am trying to take it one day at time. It helps to post.