Is Shapiro Medical Group in Minneapolis Still Considered a Go-To for FUE?

Donny J

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been in talks with Dr.Ron & Paul Shapiro, at SMG (Shapiro Medical Group) in Minneapolis lately, and I originally only decided to go with them because of some postings/recommendations I saw on here. Those postings are fairly dated at this point, and I want to know if they're still held in high regard in the community? I would be going the FUE-route.

Any info/opinions/suggestions would be helpful -- it's incredibly difficult/stressful to choose a physician whom you can trust to do a great job.

rjtaylor

Reaction score
FUE Shapiro Medical

It seems that it has been a while since a Shapiro post.

I had FUE (about 2800 graphs - 2 days) done last week October 2015 with Dr. Ron and Dr. Joe.

Great experience! I am (was) a Norwood 5-6.

IMG_3647.jpgIMG_3754.jpg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I've been in talks with Dr.Ron & Paul Shapiro, at SMG (Shapiro Medical Group) in Minneapolis lately, and I originally only decided to go with them because of some postings/recommendations I saw on here. Those postings are fairly dated at this point, and I want to know if they're still held in high regard in the community? I would be going the FUE-route.

Any info/opinions/suggestions would be helpful -- it's incredibly difficult/stressful to choose a physician whom you can trust to do a great job.
I know some of those posts were mine so I can assure you if I was choosing to go to a doctor who was strictly in a US state, SMG would be my first choice. Dr Ron and his brother along with the rest of their team are probably the most honest and ethical people you will ever meet. I feel their work is somewhat less aggressive than doctors like Erdogan and Rahal but their work is still great.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know about their FUE skills, but over the years, I've only heard positive things about their ethics (of course, there may be things which we don't hear).

Wylie

Reaction score
I don't know about their FUE skills, but over the years, I've only heard positive things about their ethics (of course, there may be things which we don't hear).

They are very ethical, this I know firsthand. Likely one of the most ethical clinics in the U.S.