Is it possible to darken hairs naturally without using dyes

ProscarRules

Reaction score
I am getting white hairs that I try to dye like once every 4 to 5 weeks which I would rather not. Anyone know if there are any other ways to darken naturally dark hairs that going white prematurely?

SimonGar

Reaction score
If you are looking for something permanent, no there isn’t anything! There are some herbal dyes, which are much friendlier for the scalp, but still you have to use them every 4 or 5 weeks or even sooner because they are more mild than the chemical ones.

Jacob

Reaction score
Certain supplements- Chinese especially..claim to be able to help with his. Haveron is one. Actually some topicals and shampoos also make this claim.

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
I've heard henna can be used to dye/thicken hair. It has been put into shampoos and stuff like that. The only thing is, I think it has a red tint to it.

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
henna will give you hair a reddish-brown color, and its only temporary (washes out completly after 3 weeks, but after a week you already see a major change, it might be good if you live in an african tribe and washes your hair once a week or so, and it'll also protect your hair from the sun, which is its main reason of use)

there is a chinese herb called 'he shou wu', or - 'fo ti' or in its latin name - 'polygonum multiflorum'
it said that it make white hair black, and grow back lost hair.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Pseudocatalase

jamesrav2

Reaction score
technically not a dye, I use Youth Hair liquid - it causes a chemical reaction inside the hair shaft that gradually turns the color back to what it was before. It does have the Lead Acetate issue, so that's a decision someone has to make.