Is FUE on temples a good decision? Pics Included

hektor

Reaction score
it cracks me up when men like you b**ch about a receded hairline when in fact you have no f*****g idea what a receding hairline is. ill post my pics soon and im only 23.

fallenfeather

Reaction score
Hey there's no need for hostility. I agree that his hairloss situation is a mild one compared to many here but he has done the right thing by treating his hairloss at the beginning to reduce further loss. If your hairloss began 9 years ago and the pics you have posted are recent then you either have a very slow recession going on or the treatments have worked tremendously at slowing your situation down.

To be honest I don't think your slightly receded temples look that bad. You have alot more hair than many of the people on this forum. If you are set on restoring your temples and want them perfect you could opt for a hair transplant procedure of around 600-800 FUE grafts divided among both temples which should give you a nice dense look or you could go for a less dense one to save on grafts. If they recede further you will have to have more work done to fill in the thinning areas behind the transplanted temples at some point in the future.

There is another forum which is much more abundant with info and examples of hair transplants from all the leading doctors you might want to go onto and do some research. It's called hair loss help dot com. On there you will find heaps and heaps of info and advice about hair transplant's and the different options available.

I would say you're in a great position with minimal loss at this point and you did the right thing getting on the treatments in the beginning instead of waiting until you'd lost a heap of hair. Good luck.

IBM

Reaction score
Just dont do it. You hair is superb. If you're worried then start finasteride right now.

NicholasLim

Established Member
Reaction score
DONT EVER START finasteride WHEN YOUR HAIRLINE IS NOT THAT BAD !!!! finasteride only makes thing worse if you are not even Norwood 2

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
NicholasLim said:
DONT EVER START finasteride WHEN YOUR HAIRLINE IS NOT THAT BAD !!!! finasteride only makes thing worse if you are not even Norwood 2

Did you even read the part where he said he has been on finasteride for over 6 years?

Sean68

Reaction score
unless you go out with that comb in your hair (im guessing you dont) no one would notice - most guys have a hairline like that. id definitely hold out on the hair transplant as youre just gonna want another one further down the line. maybe try some additional treatments on the hairline first and see if it holds then when its stable go for the surgery.

G

jowoo215 said:
I was on Propecia for 6 years then Avodart and Rogaine for another 3 years. So has my hairline stabilized since I am noticing more recession of the temples within the past year.
Your hair looks fine.Thats how my hair looked when i was 19.

IBM

Reaction score
jowoo215 said:
I was on Propecia for 6 years then Avodart and Rogaine for another 3 years. So has my hairline stabilized since I am noticing more recession of the temples within the past year.

Are you feeling itch and tingling sensation on your temples?

el_duterino

Reaction score
Hi jowoo215
your story reminds me of mine. 6 years on finasteride, not working anymore, then 3-4 years on dutasteride, then thinning re-started.
The bad news, as you have realized, is that we are fighting a battle that gets tougher as we age..the drugs will be less and less effective over the years.

The good news however, is that we still have a few more powerful drugs availalable, flutamide being the most powerful. This drug has created some heated debates on those forums but most people using it noticed improvements.
Increasing dutasteride dosage works too.

i would try the MDF Solution topical from SAMSON therapeutics.

i am not in the US so i have not tryed it yet, but i am asking our office guys over there to send me some bottles.

i used Flutagel, now discontinued, and had very good results.
i also tryed fluridil, which is designed to degrade the androgen receptors and not block them like flutamide,and has no side effects at all.
But so far fluridil on its own seems to be less powerful than flutamide, but a good addition to a topical regime because you can cover all your head and not worry about side effects.
For flutamide, it is best used at the hairline and in small amounts.

good luck
el duterino

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Given the pictures, I think FUE would be total overkill. Just comb your hair differently man.
PROTIP: Alice bands don't suit receeders.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
jowoo215 said:
Thanks Fallen Feather for your informative reply. I post here for information and not to offend anyone. Sorry if any offense taken. In the end we are all fighting this hairloss together. Lets say I get FUE and my temples recede further....can I shave FUE transplants down so my hairline looks normal? That is what I am worried about the most at this point. An abnormal hairline after possible surgery.

I buzz cut after my fue and its not noticeable.
Your hair look good. Still, if you do go for transplants, fue is the way to go. But, even with fue you will need more touch ups in future if you loose lot more hair. A buzz cut with hair growth in temples only will not look natural if you proceed to a Norwood 4 or more.