is finasteride making me stupid?

evil smile

Reaction score
hey guys
well ive been taking finasteride for a year now and it has done nothing for my hairloss which is still continuing strong at about 150-200 hairs a day.

I was sick this past week and didnt take it for three days. i started studying and all of a sudden i felt like my old self again. everything was going into my brain so much easier and i was concentrating without a problem. anyways i went and took my daily dose. its an hour later and i can not for fucks sake concentrate. i feel lost and out of it again,

is this because of finasteride?

MrBitter

Reaction score
I believe so. finasteride kills my personality, train of thought, concentration and makes me fatigued as all f***. That 2% figure of how many people experience side effects was most probably pulled out of their arses without anyone ever truly investigating it.

guybrush

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't believe in finasteride brain fog.

I have experienced low pressure and increased anxiety while taking finasteride. Fatigue, lack of concentration and others symptoms may come from these conditions..

BTW I read allopregnanolone in the brain can be reduced by 5ar2 ONLY in rats, not in humans. Therefore, DHT in our brain is only affected by 5ar1.

guybrush

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finfighter said:
guybrush said:
BTW I read allopregnanolone in the brain can be reduced by 5ar2 ONLY in rats, not in humans. Therefore, DHT in our brain is only affected by 5ar1.

Interesting... where did you read that information?

Can't remember.. but I took it from a serious source. Anyway, I know finasteride can increase both depression and anxiety so that might be wrong after all. Moreover, I have just read the study in Mew's post.. it seems it has been recently proved that finasteride actually affects levels of allopregnanolone in the brain.

I believe this doesn't prove the 'brain frog' but the etiology of depressive and anxiety symptoms linked with finasteride.

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
MrBitter said:
I believe so. finasteride kills my personality, train of thought, concentration and makes me fatigued as all f*ck. That 2% figure of how many people experience side effects was most probably pulled out of their arses without anyone ever truly investigating it.

Ive had the same sides as you

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is poison for some people, including me! The stuff can kill everything good about a being a man.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are only 9 years late mate. I’m sure by now their brains are fried.

RIP Captain_follicle AKA bobster123, see you again in a couple months on a fresh account to be banned again