Irish Lad Thinking about FUE

Terex

Reaction score
Hi All,
New to this forum; have been looking through it this past few days as I am thinking about having a hair transplant.

I am 27 years old and from Ireland. Have been loosing hair for the past 3-4 years. I have been taking Rogaine during that time and have been taking viviscal twice daily.
I have a right bit of receding on the hairline and only slight coverage on the crown, but have thick hair on back and sides. Currently I am using toppik to cover up the balding.
I dont have the confidence or selfesteam when I havent got the toppik on.

However recently I am having problems with the Toppik (messy hairline, discoloured in sweat) and am just fed up with it.

Ideally I would like to have better coverage, but not complete coverage...as down the line when I am older I will probably buzz it off anyway...but at the minute I am young and meeting girls I want to look good and look my age. I would buzz it now however the shape of my head doesnt suit it lol

I have been reading about FUE procedure and have been investigating surgeons in America as they seem to be the best going by the posters on here.

I have a few questions;
1/ Would FUE be the way to go if I eventually want to buzz my hair down the line.
2/ Who would be the best FUE surgeon avaliable
3/ What is the recovery time like for a FUE operation...ie when would you be able to go back out without people noticing the procedure.
4/ What would be the max amount of FUE grafts that could be done in one session? (Bare in mind I would be flying from Ireland).
5/ Do you need to shave your head completely....if not could you cover up the surgery soon after with a concealer?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Terex said:
I have a few questions;
1/ Would FUE be the way to go if I eventually want to buzz my hair down the line.
3/ What is the recovery time like for a FUE operation...ie when would you be able to go back out without people noticing the procedure.
4/ What would be the max amount of FUE grafts that could be done in one session? (Bare in mind I would be flying from Ireland).
5/ Do you need to shave your head completely....if not could you cover up the surgery soon after with a concealer?

Thanks

1/yup absolutely preferable over strip
2/im not too sure who the best is but check out armani and feller.........try a search for fue in this section for other doctors
3/i think within a few days you should be fine
4/someone else chime in and answer this one please!
5/i know different docs differ in their approach but for fue i should think its far easier to cover up

:)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Terex said:
Hi All,
New to this forum; have been looking through it this past few days as I am thinking about having a hair transplant.

I am 27 years old and from Ireland. Have been loosing hair for the past 3-4 years. I have been taking Rogaine during that time and have been taking viviscal twice daily.
I have a right bit of receding on the hairline and only slight coverage on the crown, but have thick hair on back and sides. Currently I am using toppik to cover up the balding.
I dont have the confidence or selfesteam when I havent got the toppik on.

However recently I am having problems with the Toppik (messy hairline, discoloured in sweat) and am just fed up with it.

Ideally I would like to have better coverage, but not complete coverage...as down the line when I am older I will probably buzz it off anyway...but at the minute I am young and meeting girls I want to look good and look my age. I would buzz it now however the shape of my head doesnt suit it lol

I have been reading about FUE procedure and have been investigating surgeons in America as they seem to be the best going by the posters on here.

I have a few questions;

Thanks
1)Yes
2)Research the well known names
3) As long as it takes the hair to grow back and the recipient area to heal, if you cant wear a hat it'll be at least a week or two.
4) 1000-1500 per session depending on your characteristics.
5) Its more than likely that either one or both donor and recipient areas will be shaved right down.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Terex said:
Hi All,
I have a few questions;

Thanks

I buzz my head too. FUE is the way to go. No way could I have done it with strip.
If you can buzzcut, the downtime with fue is minimal. 1000 fue grafts a day is average I think (I may be off the mark there). For more grafts you can schedule multiple days. My own fue and bht lasted over 2 days.