Intercytex

G

it look like when this gene stuff comes it comes for everything like new skin, new teeths ( http://www.odontis.co.uk/index.htm ), new HAIR!!!
So lets say that in 3-5 years we dont need to worry no more about such thingss..
COOOOL!!

chew

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't thin it added anything new...but at least they seem to be hyping it a little:

here is the text from above:

And hair comes the good news

The baldies' big hope, Intercytex, has raised £12m from existing shareholders, bringing total funding to £31m since the company was founded in 2000.

Headquartered at St John's Innovation Centre in Cambridge, Intercytex has developed a way of stimulating human cells to reproduce, not only to re-start hairgrowth, but also to accelerate wound-healing and replace skingrafts with specially grown skin replacement.

The baldness treatment involves taking a small biopsy or sample hair follicles during a half-hour operation under local anaesthetic at a hair or skin clinic.

The sample is then sent to Intercytex' manufacturing plant in Manchester where the hairproducing cells are extracted and nurtured for three weeks before being returned to the clinic to be injected into the patient's scalp.

The company says a new head of hair should be evident after three months.

Early trials have proved successful, with further ones planned for next year in the UK and US.

The latest investment comes from existing shareholders, Cambridge- based Avlar BioVentures, 3i, Cambridge Gateway Partnership, plus Sir Chris Evans' Merlin Biosciences, NIF Ventures, and Scottish Equity Partners.

Nick Higgins, Intercytx ceo, said: "We are extremely pleased to have raised this considerable sum and are fortunate to have such committed and supportive investors."

The money will be used to complete late-stage trials of the wound care product, take the hair regeneration product through laterstage clinical trails, and to move the living skin replacement programme into clinical trails.

Intercytex has also announced two new board appointments, Alan Suggett, formerly group director with Smith & Nephew, and John Aston, cfo at Cambridge Antibody Technology.

willywonka

Established Member
Reaction score
probably likely 5 years because trials can go on for two years easily. :cry:

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
5 is alot better than 10. Here's hoping it's more like 3

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is already here. The MIce , yes the mice are the first successful "patients" to regenrate organs and most importantly HAIR

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Old News??

OLD NEWS?

Intercytex is an emerging healthcare company developing cell therapy products for the woundcare and aesthetic medicine markets.

We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to join the R&D department to spearhead the design and development of semi-automated processes for novel cell therapy products.

http://www.newscientistjobs.com/viewjob ... 0&index=42

Wow, a fantastic job. Sadly, I don’t possess a strong verbal and written communication skills, but for me resemble a dream work in order to obtain, maybe, the unique a perfect cure of alopecia.

Regards
Armando

unluckystat

Reaction score
I believe the cell therapy market is the next big thing in our time, such as computers have been for the past 50 years. Once people become more accepting of it the science will advance rapidly and once fatal diseases will become much easier to treat.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the monitoring for cancer, is our technology to detect any sign of cancer that might possibly be caused by the injection of hair follicles, for example, improving at all? What I am asking is, can we say that in the near future, newer methods will allow us to rule out cancer as a side effect of such techniques as hair multiplication/injection?

I heard on the news today that they have found the "fastest" way to detect cancer, using our own T-cell count. Sort of implies that we can determine that count with more accuracy, but I'm not sure.

Good discussion either way. My fingers are crossed as well.