Instant Smp (scalp Micropigmentation) Product Launching Soon

If you had a shaved head would you use this?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brett Bilon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm the developer of a topical cosmetic product that colors, and slightly textures, the scalp to simulate the look of SMP- this creates the appearance of a shaved head and natural hairline, rather than balding skin.

Currently seeking individuals who either shave their head or intend to, anyone who is considering SMP, as well as folks who might want to use something like this to fill in thin areas etc. on their scalp.

This is not a sales or promotional request. We are running formal product and clinical testing over the coming months and are seeking potential users to provide their honest feedback prior to launch (likely mid 2021).

Please contact me directly if you'd like to be considered as one of our product testers.

Kind regards,

Brett Bilon

Attachments

• Scalp-stick.jpg
    Scalp-stick.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 668
  • Density-Shade-Examples.png
    Density-Shade-Examples.png
    584.9 KB · Views: 697
  • ScalpStick-Shade-Range.png
    ScalpStick-Shade-Range.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How would you use it if you have bad painting skills. Here's a guy who did it with Dermmatch:

I'm a huge fan of dermmatch, but I don't see how that would look realistic in person. It would look like he put makeup on his scalp. Dermmatch needs hair to look good.

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a good idea so people can get an idea of what SMP can look like on them and work out where they like their hairline to be.

Also it may be good to use on top of SMP if it helps make it stand out better and give some texture.

dudealpha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a good idea so people can get an idea of what SMP can look like on them and work out where they like their hairline to be.

Also it may be good to use on top of SMP if it helps make it stand out better and give some texture.
I agree with this too

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe a product could be created that actually looks like hair buzzed down to 1mm. Not sure how, but the makeup market is huge, maybe something could be created. Ideally you'd want some sort of 3D effect.

If you had something that was essentially like hair stubble that was 0.3mm in length that could somehow stick to the scalp......which u apply each morning.

EDIT: I literally just tried this. I am NW6 with SMP. I used an electric foil beard trimmer on my scalp. The cuttings end up essentially being tiny dots of hair trimmings which form a powder. I used these trimmings to wipe/brush over my SMP/Scalp. It works very well at creating a darker, 3D, realistic looking buzzcut, which probably also holds up better in an outdoor setting....it is also your hair so matches the colour of the rest of your NW6 horseshoe.

Cons:

-You need to try your best to make an even spread across the head. Although this is not that essential as you can have a balding/thinning look, but the hairs can clump to form small dark blobs so they need to be avoided and smoothed/blended out.

-If you touch your head then the hairs come off onto your hand. So the same would happen if wearing hats. Rain and sweating would probably be an issue too.

-This may be a good option if you have SMP (without SMP it's going to risk looking stupid as SMP covers the scalp acting as a backup if the powdered hair comes off or isn't evenly spread). On top of this it's a good option if you are going out somewhere where you aren't going to sweat and it isn't raining..... just smear this powdered hair over your scalp and boom I have solved hairloss!

Being male I am no makeup expert..... I am wondering if there is some type of makeup out there that could be combined with these hair trimmings to create something that would help keep the trimmings in place. (I say trimmings, but it's much more like powdered hair).

Maybe I need to go and research into makeup.....

There is something called setting spray....

When the setting spray is sprayed onto your skin, the solvent evaporates, leaving behind the polymer. The polymer droplets merge together to form a film that holds your make-up in place and provides some waterproofing power.

No idea if this will hold powdered hair in place.

or maybe clear eyelash glue?

or maybe translucent setting powder?

Last edited:

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe a product could be created that actually looks like hair buzzed down to 1mm. Not sure how, but the makeup market is huge, maybe something could be created. Ideally you'd want some sort of 3D effect.

If you had something that was essentially like hair stubble that was 0.3mm in length that could somehow stick to the scalp......which u apply each morning.

EDIT: I literally just tried this. I am NW6 with SMP. I used an electric foil beard trimmer on my scalp. The cuttings end up essentially being tiny dots of hair trimmings which form a powder. I used these trimmings to wipe/brush over my SMP/Scalp. It works very well at creating a darker, 3D, realistic looking buzzcut, which probably also holds up better in an outdoor setting....it is also your hair so matches the colour of the rest of your NW6 horseshoe.

Cons:

-You need to try your best to make an even spread across the head. Although this is not that essential as you can have a balding/thinning look, but the hairs can clump to form small dark blobs so they need to be avoided and smoothed/blended out.

-If you touch your head then the hairs come off onto your hand. So the same would happen if wearing hats. Rain and sweating would probably be an issue too.

-This may be a good option if you have SMP (without SMP it's going to risk looking stupid as SMP covers the scalp acting as a backup if the powdered hair comes off or isn't evenly spread). On top of this it's a good option if you are going out somewhere where you aren't going to sweat and it isn't raining..... just smear this powdered hair over your scalp and boom I have solved hairloss!

Being male I am no makeup expert..... I am wondering if there is some type of makeup out there that could be combined with these hair trimmings to create something that would help keep the trimmings in place. (I say trimmings, but it's much more like powdered hair).

Maybe I need to go and research into makeup.....

There is something called setting spray....

When the setting spray is sprayed onto your skin, the solvent evaporates, leaving behind the polymer. The polymer droplets merge together to form a film that holds your make-up in place and provides some waterproofing power.

No idea if this will hold powdered hair in place.

or maybe clear eyelash glue?

or maybe translucent setting powder?
What you described with using hair clippings etc, you can already achieve this. Get hair fiber and a spray nozzle applicator. Spray some alcohol free hair spray onto scalp and give a few puffs from the fibers. As long as you don't overdo it, can look pretty natural for beefing up a shaved head look. I just wouldn't recommend this at hairline... this is more of a fix for top and crown.

Brett Bilon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any update Brett?
Product is now live on the site and available for pre-order... !

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Waterproof and sweat proof!! I'm impressed. I may have to stay buzzed and add a little of this to appear buzzed BUT with perceived full hair

Attachments

• 20210715_151919.jpg
    20210715_151919.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 425

Brett Bilon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Waterproof and sweat proof!! I'm impressed. I may have to stay buzzed and add a little of this to appear buzzed BUT with perceived full hair
You can use it to fill in thin spots without being buzzed! A few images of how that looks (even with long hair);

Attachments

• Scalpstick-Shades-Examples.png
    Scalpstick-Shades-Examples.png
    549.7 KB · Views: 357
  • Scalpstick-Female-BA.jpg
    Scalpstick-Female-BA.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 333

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like the idea of it because of the waterproof sweat proof component. I'm guessing it's different from dermmatch in that it's less bulky and you don't need hair for it to bind?!

Brett Bilon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like the idea of it because of the waterproof sweat proof component. I'm guessing it's different from dermmatch in that it's less bulky and you don't need hair for it to bind?!
Thanks! It doesn't need any hair to bind to and adheres to skin very strongly. We designed it to refract light and display a very subtle texture so that it mimics the appearance of actual hair roots/stubble. Fortunately, it also works really well for folks who don't shave their head and simply want the appearance of better density as well, in a similar fashion to Toppik or Dermmatch. The big difference is that ours is oil/wax/mineral based so it can be applied as a "scalpstick" (format is like a lip balm/chapstick) where you simply draw it on. Very fast and easy to apply!

Brett Bilon

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks for your reply! I've had several SMP artists indicating they want to use it for mock-ups, and a few post-SMP individuals wanting a bit more bandwidth for when they have 3+ days of stubble (plus anti-shine effects), so I think you are absolutely right on both points-

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think a product that has a glue applicator that makes tiny dots, like a stamp like application. Then for the stubble affects, you have like a hairlike substance on like a wax paper and dab it onto the dotted glue. I think would be good for temples and temple points. Watcha think.