Inositol

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
[url said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inositol[/url]]According to some reports, Inositol strengthens the cells of the hair helping it to retain moisture.
People who are on Finasteride should definitely consider taking this cheap vitamin B derivative. It definitely dried my chronically oily skin after a week or so and my nails grow too fast now. I chew a couple of capsules a day.

I will be starting Fincar for the first time when my shipment comes in.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
[url said:
http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk/Vitamins.htm[/url]]Inositol is also a member of the B vitamin group. It is a compound occurring in the brain, muscles, liver, kidney and eyes.

In laboratory animals, a diet lacking Inositol produced baldness, but when the vitamin was added to the food of these animals, the hair grew back again. It was also observed that male animals lost hair twice as fast as female animals. The result of this experiment would suggest that males require a higher Inositol intake than females. An Inositol deficient diet can also cause eczema, a form of skin irritation.

One doctor in a series of experiments prescribed Inositol together with other sources of B vitamins to all his balding patients. In almost all case's hair loss was arrested, in some case's hair growth was noticeable in as little as one month. In one case hair recovery was total and not one bald spot remained.

Inositol, also appears to reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds almost too good to be true....

It is found in many foods, in particular, in cereals with high bran content, nuts, beans, and fruit, especially cantaloupe melons and oranges

I eat nuts, oranges, beans and other fruit maybe once a week. I get irritated skin now and again....I would guess my diet lacks in inositol so maybe I shoud start supplements...

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
Sounds almost too good to be true....

It is found in many foods, in particular, in cereals with high bran content, nuts, beans, and fruit, especially cantaloupe melons and oranges

I eat nuts, oranges, beans and other fruit maybe once a week. I get irritated skin now and again....I would guess my diet lacks in inositol so maybe I shoud start supplements...

Buy a bottle and try it out. I've only taken it for a few weeks, but my skin has drastically become less oily. I hope I'm priming myself for when the Fincar arrives.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
I randomly saw this stuff while out today so picked up a bottle, 100 at 650mg. So I'll give it 3 months and see how things go, can't do any harm.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Hammer87 said:
I randomly saw this stuff while out today so picked up a bottle, 100 at 650mg. So I'll give it 3 months and see how things go, can't do any harm.

I'm taking 2-3 a day, so I'm interested in how 1 goes for you. I may be over doing it.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems to have a lot of benefits

For anxiety, depression, hair, CNS etc. Taking it just two days I feel a bit more relaxed and stuff but who knows if that's the inositol or I'm just having a good day lol.

I'll let you know how my skin is in a week or so. The bottle says take 1 or 2 a day, so you taking three maybe one unnecessary pill you're taking.

Two days in my lips feel a bit dry - Which is what acne treatments often do. No big deal though.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
I forgot to ask, did you get Inositol with Choline or just inositol? I saw both, at the same price but knowing nothing about choline I just went for the plain inositol.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
If you are a big coffee drinker you get some chances to need inositol because it inhibit it.

VIII. Choline and Inositol
Choline and inositol are also very important for the metabolism of hair both in a direct and indirect manner. It has been noted that thyroxine cannot be made without choline (58) and that rats become hairless if kept on diets low in inositol (59). Inositol was mentioned in the Science Newsletter (60) in 1956. It was stated there that inositol was needed for growth and survival of cells and bone marrow, eye membranes, embryos, gut and other rapidly growing tissues like hair follicles. Inositol has been known to appear in human hair with speculation as to its value in restoring color to gray hair. In the book "Inositol" (61) published by Corn Products Sales Company, Many observed physiological values of inositol are listed.
Choline is important in methylation reactions that result in the formation of thiamines and thymydylic acids from uracil and deoxyuridilic, respectively. Of great importance is the occurrence of additional methylation reactions that are believed to occur after nucleatides are built into polymeric, macro molecular nucleic acids (62).
Changes in hair pigment were produced by omission of choline or pantothenic acid from the diet (63) and Wooley (64) showed the relationship of choline and inositol to growth of hair in animal experiments.
Engle (65) found inositol to be an essential growth factor for normal cells including hair follicle cells. And Wooley (66) showed that spontaneous cure of alopecia in animals was dependent on an adequate supply of inositol. In light of the apparently essential role that choline and inositol play in the growth and proper nutrition of hair cells, it would be certainly logical to include both of these important compounds in any formula supplying the needs of the hair.

Choline may be found in virtually all tissues of any animal. The combination of inositol with choline is quite important in attaining a healthy mind and body. These nutrients must be present for the proper functioning of your brain. These enhance your memory as well as balance your moods.

Researches show that numerous benefits can be derived from this nutrient. These include promotion of hair growth to avoid hair loss or baldness and to prevent constipation.

The effectiveness of inositol is exhibited by its ability to control the levels of estrogen and blood cholesterol

To date, there are no reported toxic side effects of inositol. The only known adverse effect of taking large doses of this nutrient is to suffer from diarrhea. Taking supplemental inositol must only be done if advised by a health professional. In some cases, inositol has been found out to have interactions with certain drugs

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Just Inositol. The Choline thing is interesting. I drink a double espresso about every other day.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hammer, Anarch.. et al

how is the Inositol going?

Hammer did you skin get less oily?

Anarch how oil was your skin prior to taking this?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think if a simple substance like inositol were capable of reducing sebum production, we would ALL know about it by now. It would be the toast of acne sites! :)

Unfortunately, this is the first time I've ever heard such a claim about inositol.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've used Inositol for over a month now and I can say my skin is no longer oily (and has become dry).

I used to have to wash my face every two hours or it'd look shiney. - Today I started my new job, and didn't wash my face for over 9 hours, and it still looked ok.

Whether this can be 100% attributed inositol I do not know. - I'm also taking other vitamins and finasteride.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what other vitamins or supplements do you take fundi. If your skin used to get oily 2 hours after washing, and now you can go 9hrs...something has done something.

Bryan does make a good point.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
what other vitamins or supplements do you take fundi. If your skin used to get oily 2 hours after washing, and now you can go 9hrs...something has done something.

Bryan does make a good point.

I'm taking a multi vit (But have been for ages), and mixed Omega 3-6-9 oils (I feel this could be contributing also).

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
Hammer, Anarch.. et al

how is the Inositol going?

Hammer did you skin get less oily?

Anarch how oil was your skin prior to taking this?

I would get so oily that I could run a paper towel over my forehead and it would get wet. The oily-ness would increase according to the amount of libido I had.

Ever since I started taking inositol I never ever get oily. The most drastic vitamin effect I've ever had. Also, the amount of shedding decreased immensely, though I'm not sure how it will affect my regrowth with Fincar. I believe my hair is growing thicker, but my camera is not detailed enough to back my observation. And what I see today isn't a reliable indicator without good reference photos.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks anarch.

You said you take 3 tablets per day? How many mg per tablet?

I might give this a try.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
thanks anarch.

I might give this a try.

For the first couple of weeks I took 3 500mg, I think…but after that I only took 2…while some places say that it's overkill, I'll have to try 1 a day and see if there's a difference. Mainly 'cos the body takes only as much as it needs and dispels the rest.

Good luck.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
thanks anarch.

I might give this a try.

For the first couple of weeks I took 3 500mg, I think…but after that I only took 2…while some places say that it's overkill, I'll have to try 1 a day and see if there's a difference. Mainly 'cos the body takes only as much as it needs and dispels the rest.

Good luck.

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
It's interesting. I've been taking Lecithin (that contains Choline and Inositol) for two weeks, the only thing I've noticed is that I wake up in the middle of the night with massive erections. It hadn't happened for 25 years! I am not even sure if it's a good or a bad thing!